• [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now they are in production.
The date they will be sent to backers has to be announced yet.
I think I read about a january date somewhere but I'm not sure.
I'm sure they will be available for retail on the KD online shop.
Seeing how much the core game retails for, I'm sure the expansions will be expensive too.
However you don't need to buy all the expansions together.
So you can buy those that fancy you most first and when you have played them a few times you can get other expansions.
Some just change the monsters you fight on the core game but the lantern festival let you play a longer campaign. So some expansion bring much more new content than others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Bird
Antarctica
msg tools
mbmbmb
What’s a big box expansion? Are there different sizes? How are you breaking them down?

I think that backer PDF’s were supposed to arrive in November and expansions for backers (sorry bakcers) were supposed to arrive in the New Year. The official word was TBA.

Phoenix

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Battarra
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mb
I believe the "Big Box" ones contain a "big" monster, but also armor kits sprues, settlement locations, equipments, resources etc.
Like the Gorm, Dragon King, Sunstalker and lantern festival ones.

The small ones contain a kind of Nemesis monster, like the Manhunter, and I guess some kind of event cards and manual to integrate it in the campaign.

That's what I got from the various sources, so I might be mistaken.
Some expansions are a bit of a middle ground: the Beetle knight is a fightable monster, but unlocks some agriculture-related innovations and has a a small armor sprue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The one good thing about the expansions is that, hopefully for myself and non ks'ers, they haven't tripled their contents and price. If their MSRP is pretty close to whats advertised on the KS then my wallet can breathe easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
malkaven wrote:
The one good thing about the expansions is that, hopefully for myself and non ks'ers, they haven't tripled their contents and price. If their MSRP is pretty close to whats advertised on the KS then my wallet can breathe easy.
Highly unlikely. I would bet that the price will be at least +50% over the "projected retail" price listed in the KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
jma5terj wrote:
malkaven wrote:
Highly unlikely. I would bet that the price will be at least +50% over the "projected retail" price listed in the KS.
Yeah, I am curious how much the Dragon will be. That thing is huge!

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sutphen
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
malkaven wrote:
I really hope this is the case.

I'd imagine they will be pretty close to the estimated MSRP from the KS sense the "stuff" included in each expansion hasn't changed much from the KS. Unlike the base game which was dramatically "super sized"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Licious
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
acefury wrote:
malkaven wrote:

I'd imagine they will be pretty close to the estimated MSRP from the KS sense the "stuff" included in each expansion hasn't changed much from the KS. Unlike the base game which was dramatically "super sized"
The latest retail prices were already above the KS "retail prices", not to be confused with the KS backers already paid, which were even cheaper, or "KS sale prices". I believe the latest listed retail prices were $50 for a small expansion and $80 for a large expansion. It was like $6-700 for all the expansions at MSRP.

Edit: $730 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64463922/kdm-temp/kdm-se...
That's if the prices don't rise even further from there. Why oh why did I not know about this kickstarter...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm budgeting about $600 for expansions on Black Friday. If it gets much more expensive than this, then I will have to wait on some. Ugh, my wallet is weeping...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
ELicious wrote:
acefury wrote:
malkaven wrote:

The latest retail prices were already above the KS "retail prices", not to be confused with the KS backers already paid, which were even cheaper, or "KS sale prices". I believe the latest listed retail prices were $50 for a small expansion and $80 for a large expansion. It was like $6-700 for all the expansions at MSRP.

Edit: $730 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64463922/kdm-temp/kdm-se...
That's if the prices don't rise even further from there. Why oh why did I not know about this kickstarter...
I'd guess at least a some of those prices are questionable at best. I really can't imagine the Man Hunter and the Lantern Festival both being the same price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing is, is that these expansions will allow you to challenge the very fabric of the Kingdom Death world. Instead of just surviving, your settlement is now reaching out and fighting the source of their misery. I seriously think those who successfully complete their campaigns, carefully record everything so you can continue (if possible) to grow through these expansions. I would love to be able to get a settlement from day one to loping the head off the Scribe (again, if possible). Now that is EPIC.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
The thing is, is that these expansions will allow you to challenge the very fabric of the Kingdom Death world. Instead of just surviving, your settlement is now reaching out and fighting the source of their misery. I seriously think those who successfully complete their campaigns, carefully record everything so you can continue (if possible) to grow through these expansions. I would love to be able to get a settlement from day one to loping the head off the Scribe (again, if possible). Now that is EPIC.

-Ski
If the Scribe is even the big baddie. Who knows, maybe the Ringtailed Fox is pulling the strings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Id love to see some of the other minis become available as well. That big Chosen angel dude looks totally awesome for one. Forge God looks cool too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blaine French

Temple
Texas
msg tools
mbmb
Depending on how good the deal is I'll likely only pick up one or two expansions. The base game is already overflowing with content. I'm afraid if I pick up everything at once a lot of it will never get used and just take up shelf space. At least that has been my experience with prior games. I'm loving KD:M thus far (my preorder arrived about a week ago) and I've already gotten at least 20hours of play out of this game and I'm still really enjoying it. I'll be interested to see how I feel in another 3 weeks when black friday rolls around, or this spring when the expansions actually get here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James DeYarman
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
If the expansions go up for pre-order on Black Friday I'm going to be in so much trouble. I seriously need at least half a dozen of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I sincerely hope for you all that the expansions price will not go through the rough.
That being said, if the whole package happens to cost less than 600 dollars at retail price (or during Black Friday), it means that my purchase on eBay (the highest KS pledge there is) wasn't worth it...

But a dozen expansions for 600 dollars would mean an average of 50 dollars the expansion. It seems unlikely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:

But a dozen expansions for 600 dollars would mean an average of 50 dollars the expansion. It seems unlikely.
The more I think about it, the more I think you are right. I'm hoping for a $60 average for all 12 expansions. And when I say "hoping" I mean, I'm hoping my wife doesn't kill me when she finds out how much money I'm pumping into this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am planning on picking up 1-2 as that is all the wallet can afford and hope that they will continue to be available over the next year or two

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Licious
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:

That being said, if the whole package happens to cost less than 600 dollars at retail price (or during Black Friday), it means that my purchase on eBay (the highest KS pledge there is) wasn't worth it...
Hmm, the highest KS pledge does not come with any expansions. You had to order expansions separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
ELicious wrote:
baylock wrote:

Hmm, the highest KS pledge does not come with any expansions. You had to order expansions separately.
I think it's pretty obvious they mean the highest Black Friday package. They are talking about hundreds of dollars not thousands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Licious
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cormor321 wrote:
ELicious wrote:
baylock wrote:

I think it's pretty obvious they mean the highest Black Friday package. They are talking about hundreds of dollars not thousands.
He already bought the highest black friday package on eBay?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I thought it was the highest pledge but I didn't participate so, I don't know.
The expansions were then probably ordered as options.
Anyway, I meant the game + survivors level + expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Licious
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:
I thought it was the highest pledge but I didn't participate so, I don't know. The expansions were then probably ordered as options.
Anyway, I meant the game + survivors level + expansions.
Are you sure you're getting all the expansions? The highest pledge + all the expansions would have cost the buyer over $600.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes I am.
I paid more than that actually...
And the eBay guy is serious.
I was a little concerned about that at first but he keeps me updated quite often and the first two waves are on their way to my home as we speak.
He sent an email to the KD company to change the shipping address: the next wave will be directly sent to my home.

Here is the content as agreed:

Kingdom Death: Monster
1 x Rule Book - 11" x 8.5" 223 Pages.
1 x Showdown Board - 2' x 3' ( Heavy 3MM Game Board Matte )
1 x Hunt / Settlement Board ( Heavy Cardstock )
1 x Token Sheet - 111 Tokens
1 x Terrain Token Sheet - 31 Terrain Tiles
1 x Monster Controller Panel
4 x Gear Grids
1 x Character Record Sheet Pad ( 50 Sheets, 6"x6")
1 x Settlement Record Sheet Pad ( 50 Sheets, 8.5" x 11")
5 x 10 sided black Kingdom Death dice
1 x 10 sided white Kingdom Death dice
4 x 6 sided Hit location dice
+ over 1000 cards

Kingdom Death: Monster Contents - Miniatures
- 4 x Starting Survivors
- 1 x White Lion
- 1 x Butcher
- 1 x Screaming Antelope
- 1 x Kings Man
- 1 x The Hand
- 1 x Phoenix
- 1 x Watcher
- 1 x Unarmored Armor Kit (Creates 4 Survivors.)
- 1 x Rawhide Armor Kit (Creates 4 Survivors.)
- 1 x Leather Armor Kit (Creates 4 Survivors.)
- 1 x White Lion Armor Kit (Creates 4 Survivors.)
- 1 x Screaming Fur Armor Kit (Creates 4 Survivors.)
- 1 x Phoenix Armor Kit (Creates 4 Survivors.)
- 1 x Lantern Armor Kit (Creates 4 Survivors.)
- 2 x Bonus Mystery Miniatures
- 4 x Starting Survivor Heads for Armor Kit customization
- 9 x Assorted Survivor Heads for Armor Kit customization
- 150+ Assorted Gear for Armor Kit customization (Every weapon in the game represented)
- 10+ Masks
- 10 x Stone Face Base Inserts
- 34 x Kingdom Death 30mm Base + Insert
- 6 x Kingdom Death 50mm Base + Insert
- 1 x Kingdom Death 100mm Base + Insert

Bonus Survivor Level Exclusives
Kickstarter Exclusive: Adam & Anna Explorers of Death Miniatures
+1 Bonus Plastic Phoenix Miniature
+5 Plastic Kingsmen Miniatures
+1 Bonus Watcher Miniature
+1 Paul the Survivor Miniature
+1 Aya the Survivor Miniature
+1 bonus set of the Rawhide Armor Miniature Kit (makes 4 miniatures)
+1 bonus set of the Phoenix Armor Miniature Kit (makes 4 miniatures)
+1 bonus set of the White Lion Armor Miniature Kit (makes 4 miniatures)
+1 Snow the Savoir Miniature
+ Bonus set of survivor miniature heads

Expansions + bonuses :
Lion Knight
Man Hunter
Twilight Knight
White Speaker
Flower Knight Expansion
Dragon King Expansion
Gorm Major Expansion (includes Regeneration Suit)
Dung Beetle Knight Expansion
Spidicules Major Expansion
Sunstalker Major Expansion
Lion God Expansion
The Lantern Festival Major Expansion
Slender Man Expansion
The Lonely Tree Expansion
Messenger of Humanity
Messenger of the First Story
Messenger of the Spiral Path
Messenger of Courage
Promo: Kara Black