Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got to play my 1st POTSM game today. What a hoot! 3 person game..I got owned.

Quick question. Do any of you mix and match different packs? I have 3 packs of POTSM, 1 Revolution (came in tin) and today was given 1 pack of Mysterious Islands.

If I wanted to play with those others can I mix and match ships, effects, crews, etc?

Or will it un-balance the game?

~Allen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hurlburt
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's perfectly fine to mix & match from the different expansions. There will obviously be some new powers/abilities/etc. in the newer expansions that weren't considered when the first couple sets came out, but nothing too staggering. I routinely play with fleets built from the 7 sets that are currently out. (And you can be darn sure the Vikings will be mixing it up when they come out next month)

Personally, more expansions means more flexibility in how I construct my fleet - more options to build a powerful and balanced force.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! thanks for the verification. Now time to get my wife into the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.