Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Triezenberg
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After visiting Japan recently I got a Japanese version of Ikarus (by publisher cosaic)

I noticed that unlike the Victory Point Games version it does not come with the 'feathers' nor with the bidding track.

My questions are:
1)Are the game rules similar?
2)Are english rules available?
3)When does the game end and how do you keep track of scores (without the extra components VP Games seemed to have added)?

Hope someone can help,

Triezz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Those additional features are only in the English language version of the game published by Victory Point Games.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Triezenberg
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received the English rules from an employee of Group SNE, one of the publishers.

It seems the game rules are the same as in the VP Games version except for the scoring part. The Japanese rules state that the loser (either the challenger or the player making the claim) of a challenge receieves one penalty point, which is indicated by placing all cards of that color in a face down stack in front of the player receiving the penalty.

Game ends when all colors have been eliminated.

It is suggested to play several rounds, the player with the least penalty points wins

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.