7 Posts

Sheriff of Nottingham» Forums » General

Subject: Reprint bag improvement? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
-GoRdoN-
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw the notification that CSI has the reprinted version of SoN in stock, anyone know if the bags have been improved from the original or are they still using the same super-easy-to-rip bags from the first print run?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoffer Nilsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really hope that they are better, several of mine have ripped just after a few games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Johnson
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
novafaen wrote:
Really hope that they are better, several of mine have ripped just after a few games.
Seems to be hit and miss. Granted, I've only played a handful of times, but all my bags are still fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Hillis
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After hearing about this problem I took my wife's nail file and spent about 1-minute filing down the edges of the snaps. This has greatly reduced the amount a force needed to open the bags. May not be the best solution but its better than having ripped bags.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FunkyJ wrote:
After hearing about this problem I took my wife's nail file and spent about 1-minute filing down the edges of the snaps. This has greatly reduced the amount a force needed to open the bags. May not be the best solution but its better than having ripped bags.
worked perfectly thumbsup
I used a normal small file and -after opening each bag- filed on one half of the snap at 10 o`clock and 2`o clock for about 3 - 5 sec with low to medium pressure. This reduced the strength to open the bag by aprox. 80%. Now it`s still making *klick* but with far less efforts to open the bag.
But be carefull: Only use the file on each site (2 & 10 o`clock) several times since the effect is coming very quick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Darrin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Cartoon Network Adult Swim fanMicrobadge: Rick and Morty fanMicrobadge: "The Universe, what a concept."Microbadge: "Rip didle-ip dip dip dip it's your birthday!"Microbadge: "For your health!"
I've never let anyone snap the bags shut. Consequently I've not had any bag issues at all. The drawback is anyone I play the game with, including my own family, think I have a steel pole up my backside. The draw of that snap is hard to resist I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scottish Zombie

Pretty Groovy
msg tools
When there's no more room left in Hell...
badge
We have wee, not-so-wee, and FRIGGIN' HUGE!
mbmbmbmbmb
FunkyJ wrote:
Worked perfectly. Thanks for the tip!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls