Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about how the bots place pieces for events that then change the support of a space.

Some events (such as Green Berets) place pieces and then set the space to a certain level of support.

In these cases, is the card considered to be shifting support (the space is set and not specifically shifted)?

Do I use the priority of selecting spaces for shifting support, since this is a result of the pieces being placed, or do I place the pieces randomly and then change the support?

How about in the case where the card says specifically to place pieces and then shift support? Again, is the shift the priority or the placing of the pieces?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
All changes of Support/Opposition count as "shifts" for the purposes of 8.4.4 bullet 3, yes.

The 8.4.4 priorities for placing pieces (bullet 4) operates "within the above", so bullet 3 takes precedence.

The difference between "place X, then shift each space they were placed in" and "shift Y spaces, then place X in each" is that in the former case the number of spaces that can be shifted is limited by the number of Available X, whereas in the latter case you get to shift Y even if you don't have enough X for every Y.

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge