Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Space Empires: 4X» Forums » Rules

Subject: Aliens attack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben v Gastel
Netherlands
Agelo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As per the rules for the Aliens (page 13)
Quote:

When a System marker in Deep Space is revealed to be a
barren planet, randomly draw 4 Alien ship markers and place them
on the planet. They attack any ship that enters their hex, including
the exploring ship. Resolve the combat normally


My question; since exploration takes place after combat does this mean that the exploring ship will be attacked by the Alien ships only from the next turn? so the exploring ship can fly away during the movement step to avoid the combat? Or is he immediately attacked when he discovers the Aliens?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, they attack the exploring ship as soon as they are revealed. Same with Doomsday Machines (if you are using them).
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben v Gastel
Netherlands
Agelo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AmadanNaBriona wrote:
Nope, they attack the exploring ship as soon as they are revealed. Same with Doomsday Machines (if you are using them).


Thank you. This makes sense, although I can't find it in the rulebook.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Benvgastel wrote:
AmadanNaBriona wrote:
Nope, they attack the exploring ship as soon as they are revealed. Same with Doomsday Machines (if you are using them).


Thank you. This makes sense, although I can't find it in the rulebook.


It is implied in 6.1 where it says "Apply effects immediately." Also implied in 14.1, where it says aliens attack any ship entering their hex, including the exploring ship - it wouldn't make much sense to say they attack the exploring ship if it can just move out the next turn before being attacked.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben v Gastel
Netherlands
Agelo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
It is implied in 6.1 where it says "Apply effects immediately.


Ah yes, I see it now. Thank you !
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.