Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mohit Goel
India
Mumbai
Maharashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am thinking of buying Power Grid. But normally we have only 2 or 3 players for a gaming session. So I was wondering...

a) how well does power grid play with 2 players?
b) how well does power grid play with 3 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stegner
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I play power grid once or twice a month 2 player. We enjoy it a lot. The only downfall that I can see is that the games can become a little predictable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Kelly
United States
Madison
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it 3-player many times, and it's good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turner
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is okay with two players. Great with 3. After about a dozen enjoyable plays with 2 we moved on to other games. I will play anytime with 3 or more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gage
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
I've played it with 3, 4, 5, and 6, and was quite surprised to find that I liked it best with 3. I thought it was still great with 4, but felt it slipped a little with 5 and a little more with 6. I am skeptical about playing with 2, but I haven't tried it.

Check out http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/17016 for a great list on the number of players for lots of games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've playde it with 2, 3, and 4, and I think that it is OK but nothing great with 2. There are much better 2 player games. But with 3 it's pretty good, and with 4 it is great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is designed for five players, and works well with four or six. Three is good, but loses some elements (there's effectively no blocking in Step 3). Two players loses more elements, but it's still interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
mowglee wrote:
a) how well does power grid play with 2 players?

Compared to how it is supposed to be played, not good. It is far more of a race game at this number. I played it twice at 2P, and won't do so again.

Quote:
b) how well does power grid play with 3 players?

Not terribly bad, but there's not enough chokepoints to make it interesting either. You can play with 3 players and get a feeling for what the game is like at higher player numbers, but for a good 2P and/or 3P game, I'd look somewhere else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
It plays OK as a two player game, but mainly just gives you hints at how much better it would be with more than two players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.