Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
What expansion would you like to see next? (be it related to a storyline, a character, or a team)
Future Foundation (big box)
Inhumans (big box)
X-men small box (with Jubilee, Dazzler, Cannonball, Havok, Psylocke)
Iron Man (Small box: Hulkbuster, Ragnarok, War Machine, Mark 42, other suit)
All New, All Different Marvel big box (X-23, Kamala Khan, Hyperion, Doctor Spectrum, Guardians of the Galaxy Thing, Spectrum, Squirrel Girl, She-Hulk, etc)
      106 answers
Poll created by AdelinDumitru

On the Legendary facebook page, somebody posed an interesting question..whether the next expansion would be based on fans' preferences. I know that this will never happen, but I thought it would be fun to see what would be our choice.

P.S.: I do not know exactly how polls work on BGG...feel free to add any options in the poll if you can, and, if that's not possible, in the comments below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
Microbadge: I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that...Microbadge: Jack in the Box fanMicrobadge: JugglerMicrobadge: This is a mooseover.Microbadge: Panda Express lover
I want to see a big box expansion for Villains. Not interested in a mixed Heroes/Villains expansion.

After that I want some storage solution for Heroes. With Secret Wars 2 coming super soon the whole thing is getting a bit cumbersome. UD made reference to one at the beginning of the year. Was hoping we'd have something on the horizon by now in that area. Would be super if it included a new game mat too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Uthus
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All I wish for is Runaways and Nextwave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Sushi Go! fanMicrobadge: Android fanMicrobadge: Descent fanMicrobadge: Legendary fanMicrobadge: Eldritch Horror fan
mrbeankc wrote:
I want to see a big box expansion for Villains. Not interested in a mixed Heroes/Villains expansion.

After that I want some storage solution for Heroes. With Secret Wars 2 coming super soon the whole thing is getting a bit cumbersome. UD made reference to one at the beginning of the year. Was hoping we'd have something on the horizon by now in that area. Would be super if it included a new game mat too.
I don't care if it's officially a heroes or villains expansions; I don't really care which set of terminology is used. What I would like is a "villains expansion" that uses bindings, new recruit, madame hydra.

I just want a higher probability that these were not a complete waste of my time. At the moment I love having some of the "bad guys" and I love having the good guys in villain groups but I really want to see some of those extra cards used by new characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is not legendary enough without a playable Doom, that's for sure...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jem
France
flag msg tools
I wouldn't pick that set of X-Men, but a small box based on the X-Men and Brotherhood would be my choice and hence got my vote.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Banzon
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Passing on the mutants, or as Wanda once said:

"No more mutants"

I do like All-New, though. Give Nico Minoru some love!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Little
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All New, All Different.

Kamala needs some love!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Atlanta Braves fanMicrobadge: Brigham Young UniversityMicrobadge: Latter-day SaintMicrobadge: Werewolf fanMicrobadge: Apple user
I voted for Future Foundation just to annoy Marvel Licensing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Do a lot of these choices seem backwards? Small X-Men but big Inhumans and Future Foundation? Are there tons of people clamoring for Flint and the floating head of a Moloid?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I thought that we have enough X-men already and this is why I chose to go with a small box...to include the most requested characters from this forum (And Havok meeple).
Unfortunately, it seems as if the poll cannot be modified to integrate the feedback received..
There are lots of inhumans to be included!just the royal family would account for almost half of the box! Another Black Bolt ,Medusa, Karnak,Gorgon,Crystal..+ Kamala Khan, and if they go with more popular characters due to the Agents of SHIELD series Quake...

Regarding Future Foundation, there are tons of characters to be included! from the original fantastic 4 to a new Spider-Man, from Valerie Richards to Franklin Richards, from Doom to Leech, and leser known characters (only Dragon something comes to my mind right now).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alpha Flight would make for a pretty solid small box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I can imagine FF being a sub-theme in a big box (like X-Force in Dark City), but a major release with a purple dragon and eight kids with numbers on their chests would die a worse death than Fear Itself.

Dam the Man wrote:
Alpha Flight would make for a pretty solid small box.
I really think these niche properties are going to have to be included ("camoflauged," even) in the bigger boxes. I'm sure there are people who already see the small boxes as "skippable," a feeling that will be heightened in many if they can't identify the characters or wonder why Upper Deck bothered with those weird Canadian guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any expanson with Playable DOOM is an insta-buy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
I really think these niche properties are going to have to be included ("camoflauged," even) in the bigger boxes. I'm sure there are people who already see the small boxes as "skippable," a feeling that will be heightened in many if they can't identify the characters or wonder why Upper Deck bothered with those weird Canadian guys.
I'd rather they go small box route, just because they are more skippable (of course UD'd view is the exact opposite). I'm sure SW2 will have cards I'd like to see, but so far what little of the spoils I've read up on point towards a mostly skippable big box, which would be very disappointing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Savage Land...'nuff said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan M
United States
Knoxville
TN
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Silver fanMicrobadge: I found Waldo!Microbadge: One Night Ultimate Werewolf fanMicrobadge: I'm a GM!Microbadge: Expecting
Dark Avengers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Legendary fan - The Avengers TeamMicrobadge: Legendary fan - Strength HeroMicrobadge: Latter-day SaintMicrobadge: Legendary fan - S.H.I.E.L.D. TeamMicrobadge: The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Fan - To her, life is a great big acorn!
jodokast4 wrote:
Dark Avengers
Or just Avengers?!?

If they'd been on the list I would have voted for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Legendary fan - The Avengers TeamMicrobadge: Legendary fan - Strength HeroMicrobadge: Latter-day SaintMicrobadge: Legendary fan - S.H.I.E.L.D. TeamMicrobadge: The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Fan - To her, life is a great big acorn!
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
jodokast4 wrote:
Dark Avengers
Or just Avengers?!?

If they'd been on the list I would have voted for them.
Otherwise, for me it was between more x-men (jubilee, havok and psylocke would be good, not fussed about the other two there), and the all new all different box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Machanik
msg tools
My partner adamantly wants an all Deadpool expansion...

As for me, I am not sure.. So far I like the options we have. I have noticed the Avengers team is looking pretty small though. I did recently just finish the entirety of X-Factor + X-Factor investigations and it would be cool to have official cards of some of the team, although we are somewhat saturated with mutants

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ovi Matteo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marvel Zombies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Waits
United States
Elizabethtown
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I desperately want an Iron Man small box, with Mandarin and Fin Fang Foom (or maybe Iron Monger) masterminds. War Machine would be great too.

The all new all different idea sounds cool, too.

Other than those, I'm shocked we haven't gotten Vision and Scarlet Witch yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChrisWaits wrote:
I desperately want an Iron Man small box, with Mandarin and Fin Fang Foom (or maybe Iron Monger) masterminds. War Machine would be great too.

The all new all different idea sounds cool, too.

Other than those, I'm shocked we haven't gotten Vision and Scarlet Witch yet.
Consensus seems to be that we will get Vision and Scarlet Witch in a highly probable Civil War big box expansion in the summer of 2016. Same for other MCU characters such as Falcon, Quicksilver, War Machine, Ant-Man, Wasp, Winter Soldier.. Though less probable, a new Spider-Man with an Avengers affiliation would be nice. Also, Giant-Man. and perhaps Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, if we're at that.

On a sidenote, I really believe that we will get an Iron Man small expansion in 2016. The reason is simple : I know that it is the year of cap's 75th anniversary. however, it is also the year of civil war release. it would make a lot of sense to itnroduce a counterpart to the cap expansion!

And if Fear Itself was possible, I see no reason why we might not get a Hulk and the Agents of SMASH expansion.it would be a nice departure from comic-based expansion and it would give us Red Hulk (meh), A-Bomb (meh), Skaar (awesome) and She Hulk (awesome).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I'd buy a small box full of Hulks...though admittedly, I would buy pretty much anything they put out at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
You should be reading this comic.
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
Microbadge: I love red pandasMicrobadge: Magic: The Gathering playerMicrobadge: Parks and Recreation fanMicrobadge: Marvel Comics fanMicrobadge: "Seize the fat one!"
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
though admittedly, I would buy pretty much anything they put out at this point.
You hit the nail on the head! This game is great, and adding new characters to both the hero and villain deck only makes it better. If I'm excited to add Ruby Summers and Doctor Punisher to my collection, there is literally NO character I wouldn't be happy to add.

As long as the cards are designed well, and not totally busted (looking at you: Black Widow, Iceman, and Jean Grey), bring on Forbush Man, Rocket Racer, D-Man, Lady Stilt Man, and the Brooklyn Avengers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |