Subject: DIscard other cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zdeněk Procházka
Czech Republic
Praha
flag msg tools
mbmb
Somehow I do not understand the rules, and therefore I ask.
Unless specified in the rule (such as cards with +2 Attack or Rayal Aid Cards) discard and and other cards remain on hand and can be used repeatedly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what you mean, so I give an overview here:

Cards in hand do nothing until you play them.

The card's cost is in the gold coin in the upper left corner. If there is no cost, then the card can be played for free, and if the cost is a number in parenthesis, then it can only be played with its other side up (as a Peasant or Squire). (The cost number is also used as defense value for that unit.)

When you play a unit (Peasant or Squire), it is placed on the board in your Town and can then be used according to their different bonuses. They can also be upgraded with an upgrade action to become a trained military unit, a building or a new civilian unit (like the Farmer or Mayor). This upgrades their abilities and they still stay in play.

When a Royal Aid card is drawn or revealed, it is immediately replaced by the next card in the deck. The Royal Aid is placed on the table in front of the player deserving it (read their function). When the player uses the function it is discarded from play.

Attack cards, shield cards, extra action cards (Brown-grey backgrouund) and Action cards (red background) are all discarded when used.

Units killed in battle are also discarded.

Resource cards go back to the deck when used.
Do not reshuffle the deck - the game ends immediately when the last card leaves the deck!

The building Market has an action where you can discard cards from hand to gain Resources.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
Cheers!
/Jacob
FryxGames
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zdeněk Procházka
Czech Republic
Praha
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you for the quick reply. Now I understand everything. It confirmed what I thought.
Right now I have bought a game and look forward to the first game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls