Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Mackenzie
France
Penne
flag msg tools
Hi,

Situation - hypothetical

Union - under “No Orders” - they “defend” within their existing footprint.

Union has 2 Divisions

Division 1 is holding the ‘front’ line - and has 2 Brigades

Division 2 is 8 hexes to the rear in waiting ( not specifically under Reserve orders - as all Union forces under No Orders)

Division 1 - Ist Brigade is active with Defensive fire
Division 1 - 2nd Brigade, a few hexes to the south of Ist Brigade, is currently not threatened, and wants to Move north in support of Ist Brigade.

Question1 : Can 2nd Brigade move, and if so, must they move in such a way as to never move CLOSER to any enemy units, thereby not extending their original footprint?

Question2 : Can the 2nd Division, some hexes to the rear, Move ‘forward’ in support of the Ist Division.

I’m confused over whether or not any Orders are necessary - the rules imply that forces under “No Orders” simply fight and defend in place, only advancing to retake ground after having retreated etc. Obviously this doesn’t apply in the case of Division 2. How do they get into the action ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Petty
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
Masonstone wrote:

Question1 : Can 2nd Brigade move, and if so, must they move in such a way as to never move CLOSER to any enemy units, thereby not extending their original footprint?

Question2 : Can the 2nd Division, some hexes to the rear, Move ‘forward’ in support of the Ist Division.

Based on 10.8a and the note below it:

The 2nd Brigade can move within the area its division currently occupies. So without seeing the specific geographic situation, moving it to support the 1st Brigade would be ok.

The 2nd division needs orders to move from the area it occupies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Mackenzie
France
Penne
flag msg tools
Thanks Dan
Why is it that whenever I read explanations of people's queries, the answers always seem so obvious
Thx again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear
mbmbmbmbmb
Masonstone wrote:
Thanks Dan
Why is it that whenever I read explanations of people's queries, the answers always seem so obvious
Thx again

I know how you feel. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls