Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Just a quick question about The Monument scenario: Does "Change of Seasons" also changes who is called first player?

Last time I played, we used the effect of Dar Hilzernod as if the first player changed, but after reading "Change of Seasons" carefully we were not so sure as if the player to the right of the first player became first player and was affected by Dar Hilzernod.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Runewars fan - Uthuk Y'lannMicrobadge: Rune Age fanMicrobadge: BattleLore Second Edition fanMicrobadge: Runewars fanMicrobadge: I play with Scum & Villainy!
Lochi wrote:
Hi,

Just a quick question about The Monument scenario: Does "Change of Seasons" also changes who is called first player?

Last time I played, we used the effect of Dar Hilzernod as if the first player changed, but after reading "Change of Seasons" carefully we were not so sure as if the player to the right of the first player became first player and was affected by Dar Hilzernod.
Hmmm. That's a good question. I don't think we have an official answer, but I do not believe the first player changes and here is my rationale.

1) The card does not say that the first player changes. This is the simplest reason why I think Dar Hilzernod will still go on the original first player.

2) The reason one might think that the first player changes is because you typically go to the event phase right before the first player's turn. However, if you look at the rules, the event phase actually happens after all players have done their turn for the round. Then the first player will reveal the next event. It does not say "Before the first player's turn." After Change of Seasons has occurred, the original first player is still going to be the one to reveal the event (as instructed in the rules) except they will be doing it after their turn rather than before it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First reason is exactly the one I thought

Second one also seems valid, but it's a little bit more intricated.

Well, unless we get an official answer I will assume that "Change of Seasons" does not change who is first player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Runewars fan - Uthuk Y'lannMicrobadge: Rune Age fanMicrobadge: BattleLore Second Edition fanMicrobadge: Runewars fanMicrobadge: I play with Scum & Villainy!
Lochi wrote:
Second one also seems valid, but it's a little bit more intricated.
Yes, it is a bit convoluted and I wasn't very clear. My point is that even though "first player" doesn't change, the "first player" is now the last one of the round instead of the first after Change of Seasons resolves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls