Hide
2 Posts

Gettysburg 150» Forums » Rules

Subject: Movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
peter bix
msg tools
Hi, I've started to have another go at this game having abandoned it due to some confusion in the rules, particularly re: movement/bonus movement. Having re read the movement rules especially the last paragraph: "Units may move double (2x) their normal movement allowance if they do not begin, end or at any point during their activation move next to an enemy unit" (the same applies to 3x) I am going to interpret that as follows: If your infantry unit you wish to move is four clear hexes from an enemy unit (in the fifth hex) then you may not use bonus movement. Period. Nor may you move three hexes and stop short of the adjacent enemy hex as that is not movement x2. you can only use basic movement. The same applies if your bonus move would pass an enemy unit in an adjacent hex. You either move with full bonus movement neither beginning, ending or passing any enemy unit on your way or just basic movement, not a bit of both. Regards, Peter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Schomp
United States
Waxhaw
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play it as you can qualify for 2x or 3x if you stay within the requirements. If this gives you 8 hexes of movement, you're free to use 6 if you choose. Or if 8 would put you adjacent to an enemy unit, feel free to stop at 7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls