Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans van der Drift
Australia
Bulimba
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state: "Public Companies are never required to purchase a train, and thus, unlike many other 18xx games, the president may not contribute cash to buy one. However, if a com- pany ends its operating turn without a train, it will be liquidated."

The last line got me thinking.

If I wanted to make some room to buy some 2+ trains for example could I do the following.

I run company A that has two trains and complete my run and operating turn.

When I operate my second company I buy the two trains from company A. This leave Company A with 0 trains. And room to buy 4 X 2+ trains if it had the funds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks right to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Posner
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
When a company goes into liquidation ( as is going to happen bigtime in the game we are playing)the rules say to auction off the assets, and use whatever is raised to pay down debt and then distribute any balance to shareholders. What exactly are the sellable assets?
Trains obviously, but what about unplaced station tokens, stations already placed on the board in the name of the liquidating company, and private company advantages owned by the liquidating company?

Thanks,
Howard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
hposner wrote:
Hi,
When a company goes into liquidation ( as is going to happen bigtime in the game we are playing)the rules say to auction off the assets, and use whatever is raised to pay down debt and then distribute any balance to shareholders. What exactly are the sellable assets?
Trains obviously, but what about unplaced station tokens, stations already placed on the board in the name of the liquidating company, and private company advantages owned by the liquidating company?

Thanks,
Howard.
You asked and were answered in https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1470668/liquidation-ass...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Posner
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed i was. I had second thoughts and re-posted the question in a new thread rather than as a sub-question.
thanks for all the input everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls