Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Engbjerg
Denmark
Middelfart
fün
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
many play with the rule that you can trade PC for TG..

i can't finde it in rules or faq???

where dos this com from??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Halbower
United States
Muskegon
Michigan
flag msg tools
The Gaming Annex in Muskegon
badge
The Muskegon Area Gamers
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in the rules.

Shattered Empire, page 15
Quote:
Spending Political Cards as Trade Goods
A player may, at any time, discard a Political Card from his or her hand instead of spending a Trade Good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias T
Germany
flag msg tools
You found my uncreative, hidden message. I will put something smart here once I had enough coffee. There is never enough coffee...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
this comes from the Shattered Empire expansion. The rule is in the sidebox on page 15 where the variant strategy cars are explained:

Quote:
Spending Political Cards as Trade Goods

A player may, at any time, discard a Political
Card from his or her hand instead of spending a
Trade Good.
It works in combination with the variant strategy cards rules on page 9

Quote:
Each player receives 2 Political Cards at the
start of the game. Players will have a hand of Political
Cards in addition to their hand of Action Cards
throughout the game
Edit: ninjaed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Norton
United States
Seymour
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
F_engbjerg wrote:
many play with the rule that you can trade PC for TG..

i can't finde it in rules or faq???

where dos this com from??
Many also house rule this rule as it is a pretty bad rule.

Bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Engbjerg
Denmark
Middelfart
fün
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thx.. i think this rule sucks..
the group i play with never youse this..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Shunta
United States
Norton Shores
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this rule has pros and cons.

On the pros side, I think having a few extra resources available on turn 1 makes the game more interesting because it enables additional strategies. For example, an early technology can be purchased and used to frame your game or a particular assortment of units can be built to accomplish a specific goal.

On the con side, it probably is the correct play to use your PC ASAP because you generally get more value from 1 TG than the ability to read a specific law.

I wish there was a bit more balance, for example, I wish that you got an extra vote for every PC in your hand (or something similar) so that spending your PC was more of a decision.

We have played before with the rule that whenever you would gain a PC you gain a TG as well, but PC aren't discardable. This is okay I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
Twilight Imperium 3rd - Forever
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimb0v wrote:

On the pros side, I think having a few extra resources available on turn 1 makes the game more interesting because it enables additional strategies. For example, an early technology can be purchased and used to frame your game or a particular assortment of units can be built to accomplish a specific goal.
Which is why I start all players with 2 TG at the beginning of the game and disallow the PC as TG rules in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fedor Syagin
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tawnos76 wrote:
Jimb0v wrote:

Which is why I start all players with 2 TG at the beginning of the game and disallow the PC as TG rules in the game.
It is possibly a bad rule. Having 2 tg is possible fix but it makes assembly strategy weaker (you get 2 political cards - nobody ever cares!)
Also TG can be stolen by various abilities and action cards - Political Cards - not so much. So having hand of political card can be somewhat safe reserve. Yes you might be forced to play one...

Overall i would be happier without this rule, but i don't like making assembly even more useless than it already is. Also if you play with Domain Counters - than whoever is unlucky guy to get hostage situation - has no way to pay for it without either 2tg at the start of 2 political that can be traded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
Twilight Imperium 3rd - Forever
mbmbmbmbmb
garfielder wrote:
tawnos76 wrote:
Jimb0v wrote:

It is possibly a bad rule. Having 2 tg is possible fix but it makes assembly strategy weaker (you get 2 political cards - nobody ever cares!)
Also TG can be stolen by various abilities and action cards - Political Cards - not so much. So having hand of political card can be somewhat safe reserve. Yes you might be forced to play one...

Overall i would be happier without this rule, but i don't like making assembly even more useless than it already is. Also if you play with Domain Counters - than whoever is unlucky guy to get hostage situation - has no way to pay for it without either 2tg at the start of 2 political that can be traded.
The Hostage situation DS is one of the reasons I adde the 2TG to everyone when we play without the PC as TG rule.

I also use the Galactic Senate variant where all players post up one Political Card in their hand to the board so that when the it is time to choose a vote those are the ones they have to choose from.
I have also gone through the PC deck and removed a lot of the chaff so that most votes have some impact on the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls