7 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Wellinghall Preserver Response rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sal Paradice
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have to use Wellinghall Preserver's response when he readies? I'm running an Ent Deck with Booming Ents and sometimes I don't want them healing.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Responses are always optional, so you don't have to use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Eckes
United States
Bloomington
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you choose to heal all your other ents? Or is it an "all or nothing" thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Preserver only heals one ent, so it's a "one or nothing" thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Eckes
United States
Bloomington
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh, okay, my mistake for not looking up the card first.

What if it was like a Silvan Tracker, whose response reads "after a Silvan character readies in the refresh phase, heal one damage from that character"... can you pick and choose for that one? Based on the wording of the response, it sounds like it's on a character by character basis, so it would make sense that you could.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
I think with the Tracker, the response happens multiple times, once for each individual potential target. Its clearly not a single thing that happens in one instance and affects multiple targets at the same time.
So you could pick and choose here to not fire the response for some potential targets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weltenreiter wrote:
I think with the Tracker, the response happens multiple times, once for each individual potential target. Its clearly not a single thing that happens in one instance and affects multiple targets at the same time.
So you could pick and choose here to not fire the response for some potential targets.
yeah, the main difference is that Silvan Tracker's response triggers whenever a Silvan character readies, not when the Tracker itself readies (although it does happen in the same window)

this language means that every Silvan character readying creates an instance where you choose if you'll heal that character

if Wellinghall Preserver affected all Ents or if Silvan Tracker triggered once, it would be an all or nothing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.