Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
just wondering if it was not themed to food and drinks, what odd theme could have been used...sushi delivery??

Could space be viable? the Blue Duckey Delivery game.

Having streets appears to be a must, so space is too open.

Ancient Greecian roads delivery of ...wine...and meat??
Egyptian - hmm, roads...problem there.

Zimbabwe - They use fields for their roads, problem. Same problem with any non-roads theme.

Delivery in boats in Venice might work. But advertising would have to kick in to the mid 20th century and that would pretty much be the same game.

I think the present/future might work since roads are a must to have the logistics problems.

Until cars were invented and had rules to govern their use, the game doesn't appear to be able to have a viable option to a thematic change. Especially figuring out advertising, which a Bard going block to block, town to town would be the best advertising ploy in the distant past.

So, I'm guessing 50s-till now is about it, and maybe slightly into the future, before cars fly devil

So. Conclusion: this post is waste of bandwidth. enjoy. back in the 90's on a 600 baud modem it would've taken about 20 seconds to upload this post and even longer to download it. Enjoy the future!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patar Absurdus the Shananigator
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
"Gird Up Your Loins, Like a Man!" ~God to Job
badge
"We're put on this earth to do a job. And each of us gets the time we get to do it. And when this life is over and you stand in front of the Lord... Well, you try tellin' him it was all some Frenchman's joke." ~Betsy Solverson
mbmbmbmbmb
To me the theme is perfect and I love it but Post apocalyptic delivery service could have worked I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Redward wrote:
To me the theme is perfect and I love it but Post apocalyptic delivery service could have worked I guess.
A Futurama retheme, now that would've worked. The delivery would be to other planets, but as long as everything is spaced out (pun intended), it would work. And a Futurama wouldn't be lackluster in theme, tons of entertainment in that theme alone.

"Splotter Spellen meet Mat Groening. Mat, these are the guys I was telling you about..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patar Absurdus the Shananigator
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
"Gird Up Your Loins, Like a Man!" ~God to Job
badge
"We're put on this earth to do a job. And each of us gets the time we get to do it. And when this life is over and you stand in front of the Lord... Well, you try tellin' him it was all some Frenchman's joke." ~Betsy Solverson
mbmbmbmbmb
ropearoni4 wrote:
Redward wrote:
A Futurama retheme, now that would've worked. The delivery would be to other planets, but as long as everything is spaced out (pun intended), it would work. And a Futurama wouldn't be lackluster in theme, tons of entertainment in that theme alone.

"Splotter Spellen meet Mat Groening. Mat, these are the guys I was telling you about..."
A Splotter game in every Futurama fan's home!

I was thinking more along the lines of Fallout but either would have been fun possibilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Da Burbz
DC METRO
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Oh, you can stand it alright.
Microbadge: Roland Jupiter-8 fanMicrobadge: Pax Transhumanity fanMicrobadge: All-aboard games fanMicrobadge: Pax Emancipation fanMicrobadge: I play the Moog!
I also love the fast food/50s theme.

I think you could rebrand FCM as a struggle of political unrest. Opportunistic politicos adjust their ideologies to best suit the fickle public through word of mouth, print propaganda, internet memes. You could make a twist and add in protests, marches etc. that disrupt your opponents ability to satisfy voters. Gerrymandering would take the place of roads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rebuscarnival wrote:
I also love the fast food/50s theme.

I think you could rebrand FCM as a struggle of political unrest. Opportunistic politicos adjust their ideologies to best suit the fickle public through word of mouth, print propaganda, internet memes. You could make a twist and add in protests, marches etc. that disrupt your opponents ability to satisfy voters. Gerrymandering would take the place of roads.
I'm amazed that a game about Gerrymandering doesn't already exist. Or does one...Gerrymandering
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ropearoni4 wrote:
I'm amazed that a game about Gerrymandering doesn't already exist. Or does one...Gerrymandering
We have been working on one a long time ago, but didn't get it quite right... The working title was Bush vs Gore, so you can guess how long .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmdsplotter wrote:
ropearoni4 wrote:
We have been working on one a long time ago, but didn't get it quite right... The working title was Bush vs Gore, so you can guess how long .
2000? I'm glad you decided to work on Antiquity instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Da Burbz
DC METRO
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Oh, you can stand it alright.
Microbadge: Roland Jupiter-8 fanMicrobadge: Pax Transhumanity fanMicrobadge: All-aboard games fanMicrobadge: Pax Emancipation fanMicrobadge: I play the Moog!
maybe a game more about polling and advertising, with gerrymandering as a scoring mechanic. The essence of gerrymander is that it is not negotiated and is not competitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls