Subject: Like Rum & Bones, but cheaper? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Russian Railroads fanMicrobadge: Terra Mystica fanMicrobadge: Five Tribes fanMicrobadge: Blood Rage fan - Bear ClanMicrobadge: Carson City fan
I love Rum & Bones, but it's out of my price range at the moment. Are there any games with similar gameplay, but for a cheaper price?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T C
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Cthulhu Wars fanMicrobadge: Level 04 BGG posterMicrobadge: EurogamerMicrobadge: Miniature Painter
I haven't seen any other games that really compare that closely to it. The cheapest I have seen Rum and Bones is $75.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
In a syrupy voice, the awful waffle walker tries to butter you up.
Microbadge: A Study in Emerald fanMicrobadge: Hansa Teutonica fanMicrobadge: Keyflower fanMicrobadge: The Palaces of Carrara fanMicrobadge: Concordia fan
Nothing perfectly matching, but these might work for you:

Duel of Ages II features team vs team trying to complete achievements. You get to pick a spread of characters represented by tokens (rather than minis), and the base game alone gives you a lot of replayability.

BioShock Infinite: The Siege of Columbia features team vs team, although it's a dudes on the map style game, rather than having characters with different abilities. The idea is you fight for achievements that mostly concern controlling specific areas. You make meaningful decisions by upgrading you cards in different ways, and there is a fun element included where the main characters from the video game walk around the board attacking both players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bailey
United States
Warner Robins
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
“I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.” ― Terry Pratchett
Microbadge: Legends of Andor fanMicrobadge: Mansions of Madness fanMicrobadge: I play with green!Microbadge: Mage Knight Board Game fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fan
Not the same, but Nexus Ops may scratch that itch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T C
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Cthulhu Wars fanMicrobadge: Level 04 BGG posterMicrobadge: EurogamerMicrobadge: Miniature Painter
I guess it depends on what exactly you like about Rum and Bones.

Warhammer: Diskwars is an inexpensive skirmish game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Russian Railroads fanMicrobadge: Terra Mystica fanMicrobadge: Five Tribes fanMicrobadge: Blood Rage fan - Bear ClanMicrobadge: Carson City fan
morpheus133 wrote:
I guess it depends on what exactly you like about Rum and Bones.

Warhammer: Diskwars is an inexpensive skirmish game.
I like the team vs. team, the going for objectives, the combat, thr theme. Everything, lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls