Subject: Any Interest in Buying 2nd Ed Base Game Minis? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to finalize my pledge, and I really want the new tiles and cards from the 2.0 base set, but I already have my 1.0 minis nicely painted and the Taken King upgrade content to make them playable, so I have no desire to replace them with the newer models.

Do you think there would there be any interest in buying just the minis from the 2.0 set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Breaking the game up into spawn points, and single selling mini boss/hero models, you can unload them pretty easily on eBay.

You will most likely make money.

But not a lot of money, unless you are very patient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The heroes are probably devalued a bit given the alt-gender ones that are available with the KS. But as bigblock states you probably won't have much trouble getting rid of the other models though how much you get for them is another matter (I'd certainly be interested in the Dragons but given that you're US based it's probably not worth it with the postage costs).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't be looking to make money, just cover the cost of a portion of the base set I guess. I'd be willing to pay for just the tiles instead, but SPM won't budge on selling them separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you'd have much problem selling the minis off to cover you only having to pay for the tiles (and maybe enough that you end up getting them for free if you're lucky).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could see selling off the non-hero models for twenty or thirty. I might have to break down and do it myself as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in the mini's, but would probably just trade for them.

If anyone's in the SF Bay Area, I'd purchase them at something like $100 for 150 mini's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:

If anyone's in the SF Bay Area, I'd purchase them at something like $100 for 150 mini's.

That's basically all the models in a $150 pledge!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:

We're not talking about all of the minis in the Explorer, Dark Consul, or Legendary pledges, we're talking about the Super Dungeon Explore 2.0 box. If you already have the original box and the upgrade pack then the only thing of interest may be the new tiles.

Some people aren't too keen on the duplicate models. Sure, they have some nice poses, but there were more than enough Kobolds in the original box to field two sets of them and if you purchased an extra Dragon's Clutch pack then you have two sets of those models.

If you're looking for my box of unlocked stretch goals then you can pry them from my cold dead hands!

(And the Kickstarter is still open as of this writing to pledge for a set of your own).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Svengaard wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
Sam and Max wrote:

That's basically all the models in a $150 pledge!
We're not talking about all of the minis in the Explorer, Dark Consul, or Legendary pledges, we're talking about the Super Dungeon Explore 2.0 box. If you already have the original box and the upgrade pack then the only thing of interest may be the new tiles.

Some people aren't too keen on the duplicate models. Sure, they have some nice poses, but there were more than enough Kobolds in the original box to field two sets of them and if you purchased an extra Dragon's Clutch pack then you have two sets of those models.

If you're looking for my box of unlocked stretch goals then you can pry them from my cold dead hands!

(And the Kickstarter is still open as of this writing to pledge for a set of your own).
I was referencing the 150 minis for $100 comment specifically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, quoted the wrong post. Fixed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MSgt Keats
msg tools
I like the 2.0 heroes but don't want to buy another base box. How much are you asking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls