Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having a lot of fun doing custom fan-made cards for Warfighter:

Russian/Soviet Semi-Auto Sniper Rifles and Airborne Carbines for Warfighter

Canadian Weapons for Warfighter

... and it's a little addictive.

I'm thinking about giving Australian weapons the same treatment. The weapons I'm looking at are the F88, F89 Minimi, MAG-58, SR-98, HK417 (Designated Marksman rifle), Mk48 Maximi, M4 carbine, Heckler & Koch USP, MP5, HK417, Blaser R93 Tactical, Barrett M82, Mk14 EBR.

Are there any Australians following this forum that can act as oversight/editor for this effort? I feel knowledgeable enough about Canadian and Soviet weaponry to be able to make the card sets I did, but I'd love to have some Australian input on this run.

I approached...
Dan Miller
Australia
Brisbane City
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...but he felt that there might be others who have more knowledge on the subject.

So, who knows Aussie kit well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAG 58 MACHINE GUN

(Identical to British L7 from United Kingdom Expansion)

F88 RIFLE

RP Cost: 4

Range...0..1
Reload..2..2
Kill........6..8

Mode...Rolls
Semi.....1
Auto.....3

Integral Sight (May not mount sights or scopes)
Loadout cost 3.

6 magazines, 5.56 ammo.

F88S-A1 RIFLE

Range...0..1
Reload..2..2
Kill........6..9

Mode...Rolls
Semi.....1
Auto.....3

Rails (1)
Loadout cost 3.

6 magazines, 5.56 ammo.

F88S-A2 RIFLE

RP Cost: 5

Range...0..1
Reload..2..2
Kill........6..9

Mode...Rolls
Semi.....1
Auto.....3

Rails (3)
Loadout cost 3.

6 magazines, 5.56 ammo.

ENHANCED F88 RIFLE

RP Cost: 6

Range...0..1
Reload..2..2
Kill........5..9

Mode...Rolls
Semi.....1
Auto.....3

Rails (3)
Loadout cost 3.

6 magazines, 5.56 ammo.

F88C CARBINE

Range...0..1
Reload..2..2
Kill........5..9

Mode...Rolls
Semi.....1
Auto.....3

Integral Sight (May not mount sights or scopes)
Loadout cost 2.

6 magazines, 5.56 ammo.

F88S-A1C CARBINE

Range...0..1
Reload..2..2
Kill........5..10

Mode...Rolls
Semi.....1
Auto.....3

Rails (1)
Loadout cost 2.

6 magazines, 5.56 ammo.

F88S-A2C CARBINE

Range...0..1
Reload..2..2
Kill........5..10

Mode...Rolls
Semi.....1
Auto.....3

Rails (3)
Loadout cost 2.

6 magazines, 5.56 ammo.

SR-98 SNIPER RIFLE

Range...0..1..2
Reload..1..1..1
Kill.......10..6..5

Mode...Rolls
Semi.....1

Penetration 1
Loadout cost 4.

4 magazines, 7.62mm ammo.

BLASER R93 SNIPER RIFLE

RP Cost: 6

Range...0..1..2
Reload..1..1..1
Kill.......10..6..5

Mode...Rolls
Semi.....1

Penetration 2

4 magazines, .338 Lapua Magnum ammo.

HK417

(Identical to British and US versions)

F89 MINIMI MACHINE GUN

RP Cost: 8

Range...0..1..2
Reload..1..1..1
Kill.......7..8..9

Mode...Rolls
Auto.....3

Penetration 1
May attach a suppressor
Rails (1)

6 magazines, 5.56 ammo.

F89 MINIMI PARA MACHINE GUN

RP Cost: 10

Range...0..1..2
Reload..1..1..1
Kill.......7..8..9

Mode...Rolls
Auto.....3

Penetration 1
Loadout cost 6
May attach a suppressor
Rails (2)

6 magazines, 5.56 ammo.

Mk48 MAXIMI MACHINE GUN

(Identical to US version)

H&K USP PISTOL

RP Cost: 1

Range...0
Reload..1
Kill.......9

Mode...Rolls
Semi.....1

The M4, MP5, Mk14 EBR and Barrett M82 seem to be otherwise identical to their US versions, as well as not commonly issued, so I'm not going to do up new Australian-version cards for those weapons. Australian soldiers can equip those weapons as if they had an Australian flag on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verssen
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Adding an Australian expansion to Wave #3 is a possibility. Do you know of a site where I can get a few dozen photos of Australian soldiers for soldier cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could start with:

http://www.army.gov.au/

Nb SAS will be wearing sunglasses or similar to be hard to ID individuals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Google turns up:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=australian+army&stick=H4s...

Quite a few images

Also the Australia War Memorial is also very good for images

https://www.awm.gov.au/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DanVerssen wrote:
Adding an Australian expansion to Wave #3 is a possibility. Do you know of a site where I can get a few dozen photos of Australian soldiers for soldier cards?
Any chance we can squeeze in a Canadian expansion too, or a Joint Canadian/Australian/New Zealander expansion?

I've already taken a stab at the stats for Canuck weapons!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Commentary on Draft Stats

So, one of the first problems you run into with the Australian F88 and its variants is that Dan Verssen has already established the British L82, with its Bullpup configuration, as a 5 / 10 kill weapon at ranges 0 and 1 respectively.

This makes the L82 very good for CQB (with CCO-type sights it's deadly!) but much poorer at long range fire than the M-16/M-4 family.

I don't think this high kill number at range 1 is fair to the inherent accuracy of the SA80 family, but it's been established as "canon", so I'm not going to try to buck the trend (well, not too much ).

The L82A2 and the F88 fire the same round and are the same overall length. Their barrels are almost identical in length and the L82 weighs in at 3.82kg while the F88S-A2 is 3.6kg... so, technically they should probably have identical or near identical stats.

If I were calling the shots, I'd assign both the L82A2 and the F88 a 6/8 kill number stat. But, since DVG has already established the L82 as 5/10, I'm going to assign the F88 a 6/8 rating, and assume that 6/8 rating includes a slight bonus at range for the 1.5x magnification optical sight that's built into the weapon in the F88 model. When that integral sight is removed in the F88S-A1, F88S-A2 and EF88, the kill number at range 1 goes back up to 9.

This also helps to differentiate the F88 from the L82 in Warfighter terms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rey Narvaez
msg tools
Hey Christopher, here are a few Australian and Canadian Player Soldiers I whipped up real quick to start you out. I just wanted to see what Canadian and Australian soldier cards would look like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spaniard_Elite wrote:
Hey Christopher, here are a few Australian and Canadian Player Soldiers I whipped up real quick to start you out. I just wanted to see what Canadian and Australian soldier cards would look like.
Those look awesome, Rey! I have to get some tips from you on the best way to "cut out" people to use on the cards. I seem to be doing not as well as you at getting clean cut-outs in Photoshop.

So, Australians who might be reading this thread - any comments/requests/crude remarks?

Otherwise I'll be proceeding with laying these out with the stats as shown over the next few days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

Oil! Oil! Oil!

Is that crude enough?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The Austeyr family photo.

My Australian cousins, I have to say, with all due affection and respect, that the EF88 has got to be the most plastic-y Nerf/space-gun weapon I have ever seen in widespread issue/service, outside of maybe the SVU-A.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin MacMillan
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you're going to bring Kiwis into it (New Zealanders), I'll be keen.
Do I know of any pictures? We-e-e-ell, I might know the 'official sources'. whistle sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Colin,

Information on New Zealand forces is a bit light on the ground. Can you confirm if the information in the small arms section here is accurate and up to date?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand_Army#Major_equipme...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rey Narvaez
msg tools
Excellent weapons cards as always, Christopher. We both should do some side work for DVG, LOL! Any progress on the Aussie soldiers? Oh which reminds me, did you verify my formula against the existing Player Soldiers yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spaniard_Elite wrote:
Excellent weapons cards as always, Christopher. We both should do some side work for DVG, LOL! Any progress on the Aussie soldiers? Oh which reminds me, did you verify my formula against the existing Player Soldiers yet?
Hello Rey - no I haven't verified that formula - I've been doing other things Warfighter, including the advanced optics mod that I proposed and the Australian weapons. I'm going to prioritize the Canadian soldiers over the Australians, if you don't mind, as they're nearer and dearer to my heart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rey Narvaez
msg tools
Yeah, its only right that you do them first. Have you found pictures of Canadian soldiers? Let me know if you want some help with them?.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spaniard_Elite wrote:
Yeah, its only right that you do them first. Have you found pictures of Canadian soldiers? Let me know if you want some help with them?.
Hi Rey, yes, I'll probably take you up on that offer - I'll send you a PM or e-mail as soon as I have time.

In the meantime, the file page for the Australian weapons download is here:

Australian Weapons for Warfighter

Enjoy!

[edit]

(here is the comment that I put on the filepage, for reference)

If you are downloading the PDF above from a desktop browser, you may get gibberish code if you click on the link to open it. Right click on the link and "save link as..." to save the PDF locally, then open the file.

Australian Weapons Commentary

The Austeyr family of weapons are (as modelled in Warfighter) are handier at closer ranges but not quite as accurate at long ranges as the M-16/M4 families of rifles and carbines. As noted in the design thread, the Bullpup configured L82 rifles as used by the UK have already been established as 5/10 kill number weapons in the UK expansion pack. I think this is a little unfair/inaccurate with regards to the SA80 weapon family, but I feel obliged to give stats to the Austeyrs along the same lines to be consistent with Dan Verssen's design intent. The F-88 basic model is somewhat impeded by its difficulty to customize, but this drawback is corrected in the F-88S-A1 and later.

Sharp-eyed players may note that the ML40AUS UGL is slightly less accurate at range 2 than the M203, this is intentional to acknowledge the shorter barrel and (marginally) lower muzzle velocity of the ML40 launcher.

The Australians field a wide variety of sniper rifles and a very decent collection of specialty SMGs and carbines. Their LMG is the NATO standard
MAG 58 (a FN MAG variant) and the SAWs are slightly improved over the basic model with rails to allow easier sight mounting.

To accurately portray Australian standard line infantry, consider mounting the 1.5x-2.5x optical sight included in my Advanced Sights and Scopes Mod on most Austeyr weapons. Special Operations Command units (SASR and Commandos) more typically use the M4A5 (a special Australian variant of the M4A1), the Mk18 CQBR and the MP5, though some do use the Austeyr.

Another nice addition to the Australian table of equipment is the HK417, which is well paired with the Designated Marksman Scope to attack units at range 1 and 2 while not losing too much closer range punch.

Overall, the Australians have a wide variety of weapons which are generally more effective at range 0 and range 1, but have a few weapons which help to cover longer ranges as necessary. In game terms, this will have players using Australian equipment to tend to want to close the range to Hostiles faster than (for example) the Canadians, who may tend to engage at range 1 more often to take advantage of their Elcan C79 optics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls