Subject: Progress report? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Paella
United States
East Aurora
New York
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Computer ProgrammerMicrobadge: Fantasy Flight Games fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Armada fanMicrobadge: Star Fleet Battles fanMicrobadge: War of the Ring fan
Any word on development/release progress? Going as planned? Releasing when, for Kickstarters and others?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Platinum Image UploaderMicrobadge: In love with my spouseMicrobadge: 10 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level III - Are we geeks because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are geeks?
ditto.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
Microbadge: Parent of Two BoysMicrobadge: Dungeon Degenerates: Hand of Doom fan
Subscribed!

Even though I didn't back the KS, I'm still interested in possibly checking this out once it hits retail.

Edit: you may already have seen this, but the last KS update included the current beta ruleset: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/532062403/warquest/post.... That was from Oct 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Microbadge: Mr. B Games fanMicrobadge: Spurs fanMicrobadge: Darth Vader fanMicrobadge: Gen Con attendeeMicrobadge: Mr. B Games "Alien Uprising" Contest participant
Hey Folks!

Thanks for starting this forum! Working with L4 and Glenn on the final rounds of playtesting and producing miniatures is the short answer. Not much more to report just yet, but we will for sure post updates via the Kickstarter page very soon, so please check in there for more details soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Drover
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Microbadge: Railroad Tycoon fanMicrobadge: Age of Empires III fanMicrobadge: Forbidden Games fanMicrobadge: Railroad Rivals fanMicrobadge: Raccoon Tycoon fan
We just finished some amazing new artwork for the map/ game board. Holy Moly is it beautiful! Posting images soon!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Santiago
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Talk to me about solo-gaming!
badge
Here I come to save the day!
Microbadge: US ArmyMicrobadge: The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast fanMicrobadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: The Dice Tower fanMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.
Budley wrote:
We just finished some amazing new artwork for the map/ game board. Holy Moly is it beautiful! Posting images soon!!!!!

And a month has almost past since this last comment...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Paella
United States
East Aurora
New York
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Computer ProgrammerMicrobadge: Fantasy Flight Games fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Armada fanMicrobadge: Star Fleet Battles fanMicrobadge: War of the Ring fan
I must say, of the countless boardgame kickstarters I've backed, this one releases the least updates, by a huge margin. Not that I'm fond of daily update spam, but something to keep me interested and confident the game is being tested please. I'm slightly worried.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Arkham Horror: The Card GameMicrobadge: Dog loverMicrobadge: Cloudspire fanMicrobadge: Too Many Bones - Gearlocs Rock!Microbadge: The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast fan
I hope it still goes but I am glad I reduced my pledge down to just $2 for the book and maybe a pledge manager. If I had gone all in I would be very worried at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I know 10+ Looney Pyramid gamesMicrobadge: Warparty fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Geek RegularMicrobadge: Level 08 BGG poster
I have had way longer waits on Kickstarter. Still not worried at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Drover
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Microbadge: Railroad Tycoon fanMicrobadge: Age of Empires III fanMicrobadge: Forbidden Games fanMicrobadge: Railroad Rivals fanMicrobadge: Raccoon Tycoon fan
Thanks for your patience on this project guys (and gals)!

I believe that you will be extremely pleased with how we have spent the time. Here is the update that went out today with a TON of new content (all new, upgraded artwork and more).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/532062403/warquest?ref=...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Paella
United States
East Aurora
New York
flag msg tools
Excellent update Glenn, just what I was hoping for. Sorry for any impatience, I'm just being a bit more proactive on status reports of backed kickstarters. A few recent bad projects have tainted me. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Drover
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I totally understand!

Kickstarter is great because it allows more designers the ability to get funded and make games. The problem inherent in that is that many of the first-time publishers have never dealt with production before and they get surprised by the costs and details of manufacturing, shipping, warehousing, distribution, etc.

Luckily everyone involved in this project is an old hand at game publishing. We took some extra time on this one, but only because we wanted to take the game to the next level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls