Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Microbadge: Level 07 BGG posterMicrobadge: Silver File UploaderMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Silver Image UploaderMicrobadge: 10 Year Geek Veteran
The Attack! Deluxe Kickstarter is now underway!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/167427101/attack-deluxe...

Over the years we have gotten many requests for the out-of-print Attack! Deluxe Expansion. Our answer is the new, wholly upgraded and improved Attack! Deluxe.

Attack! Deluxe replaces the out-of-print Attack! Deluxe Expansion and adds many upgraded features including, but not limited to:

>Deluxe Box, Inserts and materials an Eagle-Gryphon Games quality standard!
>Upgraded components for the Attack! Base Game
>Updated and reorganized Rule Book
>Special combo offer including both the base Attack! and the new Attack! Deluxe

And much more you can read about on the Kickstarter!

More than 100,000 people have bought ATTACK! Now YOU can get its Deluxe Expansion! Join the Fight Today!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Other than organization, is there any substantial changes from the 2003 Attack! Deluxe Expansion rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Microbadge: Level 07 BGG posterMicrobadge: Silver File UploaderMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Silver Image UploaderMicrobadge: 10 Year Geek Veteran
Hi Bill,

There is a draft version of the rules on the Kickstarter (or will be if not there already). There is also more information on the Kickstarter itself that should help you along this line.

I personally am not familiar with the older version, so cannot give you a specific point by point comparison.

Ralph
For Eagle-Gryphon Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oberon Sexton
United States
USA
flag msg tools
Why such a short Kickstarter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Baker
United States
St. Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
A good man's steps are ordered by the Lord
mbmbmbmbmb
How is a deluxe version not a full version? PASS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rvrratt wrote:
There's a pledge level for that, y'know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I want (to play) them all, and I want (to play) them now!
badge
Let Him Beware!
Microbadge: Oceans fanMicrobadge: Easily MisunderstoodMicrobadge: I play Axis & Allies - USAMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!Microbadge: You've been Caked
rvrratt wrote:
Interesting story here, now. First, there's the base game: Attack! (or A!). That was followed shortly by the expansion: Attack! Expansion (or A!E). Some years later, Eagle Games (now Eagle-Gryphon Games) released a bigger, better version of the Attack! Expansion called: Attack! Deluxe Expansion (or A!DE). A!DE is currently out of print.

Eagle-Gryphon is now Kick-starting a re-release of A!DE. A!DE has always been a souped up version of A!E, which changes the game in certain ways. A! is about the American, African, and European theaters. Both A!E and A!DE add a second map to the board which adds the Asian and Pacific theaters to the war and add plastic ships to the plastic planes and ground forces of A!. I am sure others that are more well versed in the history of Attack! can tell you about the difference between A!E and A!DE.

As for whether or not this Kick-starter is for you is up to you. I am merely attempting to explain the bit about the name.

-M_R
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The original Deluxe expansion was neither bigger nor better than the original expansion. It was just different. There was nothing deluxe to it. It looks like this version is to make the deluxe expansion what it should have been in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dieckmann
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't you guys have a upgrade pack for those with the original sets? I.E. new ruleebook and a deck of new cards in an envelope for those that arleady have supported the company and puchased the previous editions?

Or is that not gougey enough?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
This game has 1000+ minis, how is it not at 1mil yet on KS?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Thayer
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
This game has 1000+ minis, how is it not at 1mil yet on KS?!
The base game comes with 678 minis. When combined with the deluxe expansion, it comes to 1,000+ minis. So if you own the base game you already have 3/5 of the minis they're advertising.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Ramos
United States
Nolensville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly I'm done with this game.

I bought Attack. Then was enticed to buy Attack Expansion. Only a few short years later I was made to believe the this expansion wasn't what it should have been, so please buy the all new Attack Deluxe Expansion, which as already has been said here, wasn't really Deluxe, rather just different.

So now I own two expansion, basically v1 and v2 for this base game. Only to find out that even my Deluxe expansion wasn't done right, so here's a bigger better Deluxe - v3!

Any game that needs THREE expansions of essentially the same thing to finally claim to get it right is not the game for me. Good luck to those that buy v3, and . . . and v4 . .. and v5 . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls