Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
Roll 1d6 and consult the table below.*
badge
*If you encounter the squid in the desert, it is a flying squid.
Microbadge: Escape the Dark Castle fanMicrobadge: bounceMicrobadge: bounceMicrobadge: bounceMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fan
I noticed this was tweaked in the rulebook, but not reflected in the Oct 2015 living rules...

1st Ed. — Event card shows first player (and alternate first player if playing 2p variant); play proceeds clockwise.

2nd Ed. — Event card shows first and second player.

Living rules — As 1st Ed.

Just wondering if I'm reading this right, and maybe looking for some insight into the reason behind the change...

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
HiveGod wrote:
I noticed this was tweaked in the rulebook, but not reflected in the Oct 2015 living rules...

1st Ed. — Event card shows first player (and alternate first player if playing 2p variant); play proceeds clockwise.

2nd Ed. — Event card shows first and second player.

Living rules — As 1st Ed.

Just wondering if I'm reading this right, and maybe looking for some insight into the reason behind the change...
The living rules have been updated to agree with the published second edition rulesbook: A2. The icon in the upper left corner of the turn's Event Card shows the color of the first player, and the next icon to the right shows the second player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorik
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
How sticky is your ZOC?
mbmbmbmbmb
is the second player in 2nd edition the same as the background color in the 1st?
for those of us who haven't upgraded their Greenland to 2nd edition (heretical I know, but money is tight)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
Microbadge: It--it says, "Romans go home!"Microbadge: No it doesn't. What's Latin for Roman?Microbadge: Understand? Now write it out a hundred times.Microbadge: Hail Caesar. And if it's not done by sunrise...Microbadge: Thank you, sir! Hail Caesar and everything, sir!
HerrJork wrote:
is the second player in 2nd edition the same as the background color in the 1st?
for those of us who haven't upgraded their Greenland to 2nd edition (heretical I know, but money is tight)
In the 1st edition, the square background color corresponds with the displayed symbol to indicate which color player starts. The second player in the 2nd edition is then the same as the color of the "1st" text in the 1st edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls