Colosseum» Forums » General

Subject: Update on the KS? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Langston
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering if anyone had heard anything about when Colosseum is going to go live on Kickstarter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
If you are looking forward to the Colosseum Kickstarter, we have decided to move the launch of that into 2016. More about that to come in the next newsletter.
(TMG email newsletter Oct 29)

That "next newsletter" was sent today, but no new info on the when, only on the why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hadlock
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are aiming for first half of January.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inno Van
United States
San Francisco/East Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The newsletter said there's been difficulty getting a manufacturing window opening. It is literally months out.

So rather than launch the kickstarter, then wait six months for it to actually be manufactured, they're holding off on the kickstarter so they can burn down closer to the actual manufacturer date.

Ideally, this means less waiting time between when the kickstarter is launched and when you actually receive the game. I think it might even be possible that slipping the kickstarter financing date will not slip the final shipping date, but that's my speculation, not the publishers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott G

Mentor
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance there's a two variant this reprint?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Deckard
United States
O'Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm. I wonder if it will be a re-skin or updated addition. I picked up a copy last year for around $80--a price I was happy to pay--and it has been worth every penny. My wife and I love this game and we get it to the table often.

When I bought it I had heard there were legal issues surrounding the reprint. I'm guessing those have been resolved.... But if so, why isn't DoW reprinting this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank QB
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Extra Napkins wrote:
Hmm. I wonder if it will be a re-skin or updated addition. I picked up a copy last year for around $80--a price I was happy to pay--and it has been worth every penny. My wife and I love this game and we get it to the table often.

When I bought it I had heard there were legal issues surrounding the reprint. I'm guessing those have been resolved.... But if so, why isn't DoW reprinting this?

That's my thought too. Why can't DoW just reprint? Did they have some kind of crazy deal on rights with the designer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fuhrmann
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frankqb wrote:
Extra Napkins wrote:

That's my thought too. Why can't DoW just reprint? Did they have some kind of crazy deal on rights with the designer?

I think the main issue was that DoW didn't want to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Grogan
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrMayhem wrote:
drakecoldwinter wrote:
Michael,

No matter what game you release(art/components) and no matter the price there would be unhappy people.

I'm happy to see you talk here and that the Colosseum ks is happening in around 2 weeks.

Still no info through...

2 weeks is less accurate than about 2 months.

From Michael at TMG, they're about 2 months out. I've been more excited for this KS than any other so far, I'm starting my countdown!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott G

Mentor
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adgrogan wrote:
DrMayhem wrote:
drakecoldwinter wrote:
Michael,

No matter what game you release(art/components) and no matter the price there would be unhappy people.

I'm happy to see you talk here and that the Colosseum ks is happening in around 2 weeks.

Still no info through...

2 weeks is less accurate than about 2 months.

From Michael at TMG, they're about 2 months out. I've been more excited for this KS than any other so far, I'm starting my countdown!

I'm hoping for a 2 player variant in this reprint ... *fingers crossed*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hostman
United States
Alsea
OR
flag msg tools
designer
I've been Banished to Oregon... Gaming in Corvallis, living in Alsea... Need gamers willing to try new things...
badge
The Splattered Imperium
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamemanue wrote:
frankqb wrote:
Extra Napkins wrote:

I think the main issue was that DoW didn't want to.
They complained openly about high production costs...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Welton

Plymouth
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
any new information on this front? Is there a time frame for when the kickstarter is to start?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Furnivall
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MI guy wrote:
any new information on this front? Is there a time frame for when the kickstarter is to start?

TMG currently has a Kickstarter going for Thief's Market. It ends Feb. 13. Hopefully, we'll hear something shortly after that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soren Hedberg
Canada
Terrace
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TMG just posted some new images on their FB page... the new cover looks way better.

https://www.facebook.com/tastyminstrelgames/

KS starts on March 22nd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soren Hedberg
Canada
Terrace
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, they posted three photos, then took two of them down. One showed the new game board, and the other was a big logo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Morris
Canada
Fergus
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I like that new cover as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander McKinney
Bahamas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone save the other two photos?

I only saw the one, but thought that it was a massive improvement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soren Hedberg
Canada
Terrace
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wish I had. I tried finding the cache folder on my computer but didn't have any luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fuhrmann
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's definitely an improvement over the cartoony arena fighting cover art!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
From the comments on FB, looks like it is just a re-print with no rule changes or additional variants. Too bad there isn't an official 2-pyr variant. Of course, the price will be key. (Can't say I think the new image is that much better than the one from last year. And doesn't look as nice as the original. But just my 2 cents on looks.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How did the gameboard look?

I hope they add more shows!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Halsey
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward to seeing a DoW copy at a reasonable price!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
elitusprime
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Man, Sub-creator, the refracted Light through whom is splintered from a single White to many hues, and endlessly combined in living shapes that move from mind to mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
MPMelanchthon wrote:
Of course, the price will be key.

Estimated price is $60 USD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
elitusprime wrote:
MPMelanchthon wrote:
Of course, the price will be key.

Estimated price is $60 USD

$60 is pretty fair, I'm curious to see what the large edition with metal coins and etc. will be. That tends to add a LOT of price to the title. I'm figuring around $90 with metal coins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
Can't see how they'd make any profit at a mere $60. But only time will tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |