Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Molinari
Germany
Sulzbach am Taunus
-Choose a state-
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
With Emmanuel approval I have created and published in Google Play a free app to play on your smartphone solitaire games of DDD Free Trial Version.
Actually two standard maps are included: "Exercise Tiger Map" and "Omaha Map" plus another third map created by myself "Delta Beach". With this app you can also play on custom maps! Create your own map and play with it.

The app can be downloaded from google play (app name="DDayDice")
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=appinventor.ai...

I am an hobby app developer, do not expect a great looking app. Please let me know any bug and send me your copies of custom maps if you would like me to add them to the app as "standard map" (i.e. the files will be included in the app itself).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Power
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
Microbadge: The Police fanMicrobadge: Video gamer since the 70'sMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Golden Video Game CollectorMicrobadge: Somebody get this freakin' duck away from me!
Looks great! Unfortunately, playing on Omaha, the Map feature wasn't working correctly. It was very hard to see, and the red markers weren't there to drag to the current sector. Not sure if it's a bug, or I'm doing something wrong. Also, I'm not seeing a way to get back to the main menu. I tried to restart a game, but can no longer pick the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Molinari
Germany
Sulzbach am Taunus
-Choose a state-
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for testing the app!

1) Could you please make a screenshot of the Omaha map view and post it here? Which smartphone do you have (I need to find out your screen resolution)? please note that you can scroll the view by moving/dragging the finger on the most right side of the screen.

2)From the map screen, to go back to the dice screen you just need to press the "back" on your smartphone, the map screen will close.

Do you have the same issues also with the other maps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Power
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
Microbadge: The Police fanMicrobadge: Video gamer since the 70'sMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Golden Video Game CollectorMicrobadge: Somebody get this freakin' duck away from me!
I have a Razor/M phone. Not sure of the resolution (540X960?).

Here's the screen:

Too small to scroll. It doesn't rotate to landscape (if that's a feature). I haven't been able to try the other maps, as I can't seem to go back to the first menu.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While not as bad as the previous post my image is a bit squished also.

I do have the red dot and it moves around like it is supposed to. Just makes reading the map a bit difficult.

I have a 7 inch Asus tablet. I tried multiple maps too.

I got back to the initial menu once, changed maps, and then couldn't figure out how to get back again to try anything else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Molinari
Germany
Sulzbach am Taunus
-Choose a state-
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

I have just uploaded the version 1.3 for the app which should fix the bug which avoided to re-start from the main screen. As I have just uploaded to googlePlay it should be available for download in few hours.

Concerning the squished images, I did a minor change which may be improve the view on certain screen but I am not able to tell if it work as on mine Galaxy Note3 and Huawei smartphones it works really good.

Note that this app has not been developed for tablets!! I am using app inventor (ai2.appinventor.mit.edu) to make the app and it has some restriction when working on tablets. Also I have no tablet and cannot run tests...

I can advise to make your own maps and to try with various sizes.

Thanks again for testing!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Molinari
Germany
Sulzbach am Taunus
-Choose a state-
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I have had an idea about implementing also a feature to allow to play this app on the tablets, I will work on it the next week-end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Power
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
The update makes the map usable, but the compression makes it hard to read. I'm not sure if there's a way to increase the resolution or not. Still, shaping up nicely. Good luck on the tablet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Molinari
Germany
Sulzbach am Taunus
-Choose a state-
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just uploaded the v1.4 to allow the app to be played on tablets too. I tried to fix the issue with the image size too (smartphones), I cannot test it as on all my devices it works good so I see no difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls