Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
Although I found some games that were on my wish list, I ended up not buying anything for reasonable reasons;

1)each game was like $40 and I just have a hard time deciding if I HAD to pick only one

2) I saw that my carry-ons, luggages and bags were heavy as is and close enough before they reach the weight limit that you are allowed to fly and wouldn't want to pay for the overweight.

and

3) money issues. I was on a tight budget, and I had other things to buy than boardgames. Besides you all by now know that I play boardgames solo and the ideal to spend $40 on a game just to play alone doesn't seem reasonable to afford and invenst in it

So what I'll do is just wait and see when I fly back home to go to my FLGS and buy my games locally. Man I tell you, if it werent for the fact that I live in Israel and not here in the US, I'd have a collection of good board games aside from my DVD and console game collection

oh and in case you were wondering what I saw they had at the Compleat Strategic was;

Room 25
Flashpoint Fire Rescue
and
Can't Stop
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Cannon
United States
Cumming
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey I was just there too (on Halloween). Huge selection, but they didn't have any of the games I was looking for (mostly really new stuff that probably isn't in any stores yet).

But, if you are looking for some old games, they likely to have it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New Yorkers don't shop at the Strat. Its prices are awful. Also MSRP but at least a better experience is The Uncommons in the West Village. And there you can pay them $5 and try out the games in their library. It's a gamecafe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virginia P.
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mat628 wrote:
New Yorkers don't shop at the Strat. Its prices are awful.
Agreed! All my games are purchased online, and *never* at MSRP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls