Thumb up
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Can you identify this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: identify [+] [View All]
flag msg tools
I have vague memories of playing this mass-market game a lot in the early eighties, probably around 1985. Let's see if anyone can figure this out:

The only thing I'm sure about is that the theme was about Chinese junks.

The main colors might have been blue and red, but I can't remember whether these were board or player colors.

I only played this with two but the maximum number of players might have been three or four.

I think the goal was to remove the opponent's junks from the board, or at least to immobilize them. This was done by outmaneuvering, not by direct combat.

It was mostly a rather abstract game of moving ships around, probably on some kind of a grid. It's very unlikely that any cards or dice were included. The junks probably looked like ships, though.

Considering that this was a mass-market game, in the eighties, and in Finland, the possible publishers include but are not limited to:
- Alga, Ravensburger, or Jumbo
- small Finnish publishers like Peliko, Kirjalito, Paletti, Nelostuote (later Tactic)
- any of the big international names like Parker Bros or Milton Bradley

Any help would be appreciated. This game has been puzzling me for quite some time now.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.