Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodger Samuel
United States
Beaver Falls
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris Fawcett has posted some errata and clarifications on the Consimworld forum. Here's the link:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.ee6ca08/653
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy that Chris was quick to respond by putting out this errata update, but that's quite a few glitches. Any idea on when players can expect "Replacement/additional counters will be provided as part of the
Battle Board scenario pack"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodger Samuel
United States
Beaver Falls
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the corrections simply clarified that, when the Set-up calls for units which a nation does not have, you use mercenaries. I had already figured that out.

Also, the numbering in rules section 6 was wrong--an obvious thing.

At any rate, the game is nevertheless easily playable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some counters with the wrong coat of arms and some units that didn't get back printed with other units. None of those are game breakers by any means. Not even sure replacement counters are needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Compton
United States
La Plata
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Perhaps not needed, but will be provided later anyway.

The first battles book has been submitted by Mark and is going into layout soon. Mark has given us the counter manifest for the ECW expansion, and it has been turned over to Antonio for art production (next in his cue after current job is finished). Mark is still finishing up the ECW book itself. When will you get them? Hard to say with precision, first book probably before end of first quarter next year, second book probably before end of second quarter. Right now that's as precise as I'd care to get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Diavatis
Greece
Melissia
Attica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you are going to print new counters, maybe there's room for some more markers!
And I have a few suggestions to make..

- once battle is joined and the armies are removed from the board, it would be nice to have a 'combat!' marker to place in the (now empty) province

- some powers (like Austria) start with many political markers on the board. It would be nice to have some additional ones since they are back-printed and maybe there's a situation where they run out.

- marauder armies need a marker! Please make them reasonably sinister-looking!

- failed assassination attempts on their mercenary rulers (10.7.3.) can make states pro- or anti- certain powers ((also when their leader is executed?). Also, when one attacks a Saxon or Brandenburg state the rest of the states become anti- the attacker (9.12.4.). I think some suitable markers are in order otherwise we need to resort to bookkeeping.

Loving the game so far! Can't wait for the additional kickstarter material!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fawcett
United States
St. Louis
MO
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grunherz wrote:
Since you are going to print new counters, maybe there's room for some more markers!
And I have a few suggestions to make..

- once battle is joined and the armies are removed from the board, it would be nice to have a 'combat!' marker to place in the (now empty) province

- some powers (like Austria) start with many political markers on the board. It would be nice to have some additional ones since they are back-printed and maybe there's a situation where they run out.

- marauder armies need a marker! Please make them reasonably sinister-looking!

- failed assassination attempts on their mercenary rulers (10.7.3.) can make states pro- or anti- certain powers ((also when their leader is executed?). Also, when one attacks a Saxon or Brandenburg state the rest of the states become anti- the attacker (9.12.4.). I think some suitable markers are in order otherwise we need to resort to bookkeeping.

Loving the game so far! Can't wait for the additional kickstarter material!

Those are good suggestions, Nikos!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls