Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Chunko
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
One of our players was lamenting the lack of more direct player interaction. That lead me to daydream about a Headhunter who could recruit employees of other companies. Of course you'd have to pay them extra as an incentive to leave their old company, so each time a card is headhunted, you must place a token on the card.

Pay the bank 5$ for each token on the card when recruited to a new company as a finder's fee.

Each token also counts as one extra 5$ salary during payday.

Completely untested. I'm not sure if this should be a new card, or just a power added to either/both of the HR Director/Recruiting Manager.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
Microbadge: Magic: The Gathering playerMicrobadge: Marvel Champions fanMicrobadge: I backed Cthulhu: Death May Die on Kickstarter!Microbadge: Nemesis fanMicrobadge: Hanabi & Ikebana fan
Jeff Chunko wrote:
One of our players was lamenting the lack of more direct player interaction.
The interaction in this game is extremely direct. I can open restaurants or cut prices such that I sell food you spent time marketing. I can market items you can't sell so that houses you planned on selling to are no longer your customers.

What you are describing with your Headhunter idea is "take that" gameplay. Direct interaction is not limited to taking things from other people or destroying their infrastructure.

I'm not sure how much more interaction this game could handle!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patar Absurdus the Shananigator
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
"Gird Up Your Loins, Like a Man!" ~God to Job
badge
"We're put on this earth to do a job. And each of us gets the time we get to do it. And when this life is over and you stand in front of the Lord... Well, you try tellin' him it was all some Frenchman's joke." ~Betsy Solverson
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
Jeff Chunko wrote:
The interaction in this game is extremely direct. I can open restaurants or cut prices such that I sell food you spent time marketing. I can market items you can't sell so that houses you planned on selling to are no longer your customers.

What you are describing with your Headhunter idea is "take that" gameplay. Direct interaction is not limited to taking things from other people or destroying their infrastructure.

Seriously. You would have to add tanks to increase direct conflict. wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Redward wrote:
Dormammu wrote:
Jeff Chunko wrote:

Seriously. You would have to add tanks to increase direct conflict. wow
I would hire a tank driver.

Would he be trained up from the Zeppelin pilot?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jbrier
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dolus wrote:

I would hire a tank driver.

Would he be trained up from the Zeppelin pilot?
Better to hire the Machine Gun Operator and tack him onto your Zeppelin.

You thought that billboard was infinite!? BWAHAHAHAHA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
badge
"We're put on this earth to do a job. And each of us gets the time we get to do it. And when this life is over and you stand in front of the Lord... Well, you try tellin' him it was all some Frenchman's joke." ~Betsy Solverson
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Chunko wrote:
One of our players was lamenting the lack of more direct player interaction. That lead me to daydream about a Headhunter who could recruit employees of other companies. Of course you'd have to pay them extra as an incentive to leave their old company, so each time a card is headhunted, you must place a token on the card.

Pay the bank 5$ for each token on the card when recruited to a new company as a finder's fee.

Completely untested. I'm not sure if this should be a new card, or just a power added to either/both of the HR Director/Recruiting Manager.
it is an interesting idea but it is nice having certain things be sacred (protected from opponent abuse). Ad campaigns, milestones, employee cards in the bank, and customers are not owned by anyone and those are enough shared resources to cause plenty of conflict.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Redward wrote:
Jeff Chunko wrote:

it is an interesting idea but it is nice having certain things be sacred (protected from opponent abuse). Ad campaigns, milestones, employee cards in the bank, and customers are not owned by anyone and those are enough shared resources to cause plenty of conflict.

Take R&B (expansion) airplanes and do a fly over to bomb the roads, houses, companies, marketing tools - nothing is sacred from a bombing raid. :muhahaha: no emote for that, bummer. :cue evil laughter:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ropearoni4 wrote:
Redward wrote:
Jeff Chunko wrote:

Take R&B (expansion) airplanes and do a fly over to bomb the roads, houses, companies, marketing tools - nothing is sacred from a bombing raid. :muhahaha: no emote for that, bummer. :cue evil laughter:
devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Redward wrote:
ropearoni4 wrote:
Redward wrote:
Jeff Chunko wrote:

devil
I want to hear it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ropearoni4 wrote:
Redward wrote:
ropearoni4 wrote:
Redward wrote:
Jeff Chunko wrote:

devil
I want to hear it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Redward wrote:
ropearoni4 wrote:
Redward wrote:
ropearoni4 wrote:
Redward wrote:
Jeff Chunko wrote:

devil
I want to hear it
that works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls