Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Chappelear
United States
Kensington
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My son and I will be attending the Murder at the Prancing Pony event this weekend, at Games of Berkeley. We have a spotty but still fairly large collection, but have been working through it in order--not opening a new pack until finishing everything.

As a result, we only have "unlocked" two core sets, the Shadows of Mirkwood cycle, Over Hill and Under Hill, and On the Doorstep. (We're currently getting eaten by Smaug...) The deluxe Khazad-Dum expansion is next in line.

With what we have, we're currently running a strong Dwarf deck and a mediocre Eagle/Bard+weapons deck. But for the Fellowship event, I'm worried that we'll be holding everyone back.

We also own (unopened) the Black Riders, three more deluxe expansions, and six more random adventure packs. Should I just open some of them to be able to build stronger decks?

Will there be time to deck build in coordination with others at the event, or is it presumed that each will have a few decks ready to go?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your dwarf deck will definitely be as good as most other decks that people bring. I wouldn't worry about the Bard deck holding other people back as long as you know how to play it and have fun. If you're worried about it, maybe bring cards for a second dwarf deck and you can switch to that if you lose badly on the first try or two.

Also FYI, if you are trying to play through the quests in the order they were released, Khazad-Dum and the Dwarrowdelf cycle were released before the Hobbit boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Buchholz
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Wisconsin but I'm bringing a Frodo, Elrond, Glorfindel(spirit) deck with songs to give me lore icons for the spirit guys and cards to get Elrond a spirit icon. If all goes well they will be able to control card draws and threat management fairly well( call it my GEF deck).

I also built a "silly" deck of Aragorn (leadership), Legolas(Tactics) and Gimli(Tactics) starting threat of 32! but one or 2 cards and they can slice thorugh most enemy cards, get a bit stuck when decks unleash 3 to 5 locations in a row though (I'm working on something to "cure" that with
the blade that was broken and song of kings (to get cross over on icon types) I managed to get through th e hunt for gollum and it took me 17 turns (good thing I got 2 Gandalf cards, 3 sneak attacks and 2 Eagles, roughly in the middle 4-5 turns, dropped by threat and wioth the blade out raised everyone's will by one so I suddenly had large amounts of Willpower with my ally cards

Those are the decks I'm bringing, prebuilt, Taking along the rest of collection in case I need ot build something one off really quick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Burkett
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a side note for this particular quest, you'll want to bring a little scrap of paper and a pencil / pen -- trust me, it'll help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls