birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Invitation to buff and nerf the Fakirs, Auren, Giants,... Darklings.
There are multiple threads out there offering buff suggestions, i.e., the Giants. Is there an official one that they'd like us to use?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're all official (the guy making the first post in all those threads is the publisher). I agree, it's kind of confusing - especially as, like many (thanks DocCool!) I only just discovered about these threads today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bamonson wrote:
There are multiple threads out there offering buff suggestions, i.e., the Giants. Is there an official one that they'd like us to use?
If you go to the expansions varient forum here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/1762147/terra-mystica-erweit...

The 20 threads that currently exist are all the official ones for discussing each of the 20 factions.

I really wish they'd put it all together in a geeklist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
Microbadge: I am a Terra Mystica fan!Microbadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Egizia fanMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.Microbadge: Level 13 BGG poster
Actually, these 20 threads are not about general balancing, but only about balancing by providing different rules for each faction regarding the bonus landscapes.

I.e. it's not an option to e.g. propose "Fakirs start with 7/5/0 power and their SH costs 4w+8c". It is an option to propose e.g. "Fakirs gain 3 power and a priest when placing their bonus landscape" (I'm making this up on the fly - only jerks will start a discussion here about this particular Fakir buff ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DocCool wrote:
Actually, these 20 threads are not about general balancing, but only about balancing by providing different rules for each faction regarding the bonus landscapes.

I.e. it's not an option to e.g. propose "Fakirs start with 7/5/0 power and their SH costs 4w+8c". It is an option to propose e.g. "Fakirs gain 3 power and a priest when placing their bonus landscape" (I'm making this up on the fly - only jerks will start a discussion here about this particular Fakir buff ).
Good point, Doc. I hadn't realized it wasn't explicitly stated here in this thread that this is about coming up with abilities for the landscape tiles (within a semi-strict set of limitations as put forth by the designers).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DocCool wrote:

Totally agree. It's the Giants who should "gain 3 power and a priest when placing their bonus landscape"!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DocCool wrote:

Seriously though, would it be possible to put these together in a geeklist, as Grant suggested?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
Microbadge: I am a Terra Mystica fan!Microbadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Egizia fanMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.Microbadge: Level 13 BGG poster
bamonson wrote:
Seriously though, would it be possible to put these together in a geeklist, as Grant suggested?
While it sounds like a good proposal, this seems not a good place to make it as it's in a totally separated forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DocCool wrote:
bamonson wrote:
While it sounds like a good proposal, this seems not a good place to make it as it's in a totally separated forum.
Well, GeekLists aren't really in any forum. The idea is that you post a thread in the TM and TM expansion forums linking to the geeklist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls