Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about perfect hit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Albert Garza
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
A little uncertainity about what a perfect hit is. I know it is not a crit.

If i have a weapon with strenght of 1 and im atempting to wound and i roll a 9 making my total a 10 is this a perfect hit? And if it is does it wound even if monster has a toughness of 13 ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb

A perfect hit is a lantern 10 on a hit die roll, NOT the wound roll. And only if you have luck +1 does a 9 give you a crit on a wound.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, a perfect hit is before your wound attempt and is when you roll your speed dice and check it against the weapon's accuracy. A perfect hit is a 10 on that roll. The glossary helps sum this up, too.

Edit: Ninjer'd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Adding a note to what other folks have already pointed out, the Perfect Hit is noted because 1) it always hits, even if you normally wouldn't hit (monster's evasion is absurdly high or your accuracy is absurdly low) and 2) some game effects with gear or abilities etc give you a benefit on a Perfect Hit specifically (counterweight axe comes to mind along and at least one fighting art uses Perfect Hit by granting an additional attack when you roll a Lantern 10).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Garza
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Okay i understand the crit part.
My last question is if my i atempt to wound the lion and i have 0 luck and i have a 1 strenght weapon and the lion has a toughness of 12 and i roll a 9 does the total which is 10 deal a normal wound or do i fail to wound the lion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You would fail unless you rolled a Lantern 10. If you didn't roll a Lantern 10, your roll wouldn't be enough to exceed the Lion's toughness of 12.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 2019 Gold SupporterMicrobadge: I prefer the original TronMicrobadge: AtheistMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica - I am a CylonMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!
You failed to wound. Dice + Strength must be equal to or greater than the toughness. Luck does not change any of that.

To hit:
Die + Accuracy (attacker) - Evasion (monster) = Equal to or greater than the accuracy of the weapon is a hit. Lantern 10 is a perfect hit and always hits regardless of this calculation.

To wound:
Die + Strength (attacker) = Equal to or greater than the monster's Toughness is a wound. Lantern 10 is always a wound, regardless of the above calculation.

Crit:
You crit if:
a. You rolled to wound equal to or greater than 10 - Luck (attacker) + Luck (monster)
b. The hit location has a crit icon.

Exmaple:
Attacker has 2 luck and the monster has 1 luck. Survivor crits on a 9 or 10 when they are rolling to wound. (10-2+1=9)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Garza
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
All praise the ruler of natural 1's i am now uncertanity free. Now time to play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide