Subject: New to KS: How will the timeline work? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
karlo arciaga
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hello fellow Arcadians!

I am glad to have joined the AQ family - I have purchased both the core and BTG this past week and I have been loving playing it since. Have also purchased extra dice and 4 of the promo heroes (Hassan, Farfalla, McHammer, Zahra).

Since I am new to KS, how does the timeline work? I understand the function of the stretch goals but I am curious to know as to when I would expect release of the game if the Kickstarter is to begin in November.

To those who purchased the AQ core KS: How long did you wait from the start of its KS to distribution to your home?

Thanks again for your responses - I look forward to this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: New to KS: How will the timeline work!
The Kickstarter will go live on November 16.

You have until the end of the funding period to pledge for the product.

When the funding period is over, your credit card will be charged.

The estimated delivery date will be stated on the pledge level you select.
Expect it to be later than this by three or four months, but CMON is pretty good about getting stuff out on time.

It's definitely worth the wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Meeusen

Belmont
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to judge by the past CMON KS campaigns as listed, then you're looking at about a timetable of 5-6 months from the time it ends to the time when the distribution starts (for the most part). So if that holds true, we're probably looking at sometime around June(ish) 2016 for delivery potentially if that helps at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karlo arciaga
United States
California
flag msg tools
Ah - thanks for the info.

Either way theyre taking my money lol. In the meantime I'll probably go through several playthrough's of AQ with some friends and probably round out on purchasing all the promo heroes.

I won't even bother purchasing the KS exclusives now, they are way too overpriced for those who are selling it on eBay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karlo arciaga
United States
California
flag msg tools
Oh, one more question

Do you guys remember the pledge levels relative to the amount of $ you pledged?

I only know that $100 covered the core + stretch goals.

I think this will help me figure out how much to appropriately budget.

And also (sorry for so many questions) - how much did shipping cost?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was $200 to get everything last time.

It may be more this time, I wouldn't think it will be less.

Shipping was around $12.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Penrose
United States
Derby
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just took a look at the old campaign and it would have been $250 to get "everything". $200 is right if you are not talking about the extra tokens and dice.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/arcadia-q...

I paid $130 and that was only to get the Kickstarter exclusives + expansion. There were many other thinks like extra dice or tokens that I did not include.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karlo arciaga
United States
California
flag msg tools
By the looks of it I will probably pledge about the same, they'll have to do some work to sway my opinion on some of those optional buys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Deylgat
Belgium
Melle
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I pledged 190 the first campaign: game, expansion, extra heroes and the token/coins pack. Knowing CMON the early bird will be 90$ and the normal pledge will be 100$. I expect an expansion with that dragon they showed (probably in the 40$ to 50$ range), some heroes, sculpted tokens again. Yeah I think I'll land at 220$ this time.

The timing of the first AQ was off by 4 months (for delivery in Europe), but they have since greatly improved on getting the pledges out with minimal delays. And all my pledges I received so far (AQ, Xenoshyft, Zombicide 3, Rum&Bones) all had good quality components and where faultless (no missing items or defects apart from some warped minis I easily straightened with a warm bath

Get ready to pledge once the campaign goes live though, the early birds go out fast and very few become available during the campaign.

We'll meet again on the campaign discussion board

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bapenrose wrote:
I just took a look at the old campaign and it would have been $250 to get "everything". $200 is right if you are not talking about the extra tokens and dice.

I paid $130 and that was only to get the Kickstarter exclusives + expansion. There were many other thinks like extra dice or tokens that I did not include.

Your math is all over the place.
Base game =100
Expansion + elysia =48
Pigsy bob Zahra nibbles =40
Token pack =12
=200

Exclusives + expansion = 168

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Penrose
United States
Derby
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigblock75 wrote:
bapenrose wrote:

Your math is all over the place.
Base game =100
Expansion + elysia =48
Pigsy bob Zahra nibbles =40
Token pack =12
=200

Exclusives + expansion = 168

True. I was trying to post quickly. I looked at my pledge at it said $130. I must have initially pledged without the expansion and added it later. You will have to forgive me since it was my first Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.