Subject: Question about limited movement tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Remembrance day - lest we forget...Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: I'm not buying new games for me in 2018 Microbadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!
Confused about how these are used. Do the players discard one on their turn and only move one space, what happens if one player has two of them and cannot or does not wish to move?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each marker reduces movement by one (destroys one movement point). You must use them as soon as possible, which means that any movement improvements still in your hand and any movement limitation markers cancel each other 1:1. Since you must use the limitation markers asap, they effectively reduce your movement for the next turn, carrying over to the next turn if applicable (if that is possible, it seems at least unlikely).
- 1 marker: discard the marker on your next turn, your officer may move one
- 2 markers: discard both, your officer may not move
- 3 markers: (is that possible?) discard both, do not move, next turn starts with 1 marker and reduces movement in that turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Remembrance day - lest we forget...Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: I'm not buying new games for me in 2018 Microbadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!
Thanks for the answer, we have been playing it right then which is good to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same question about how these worked. I played solo with 2 pawns.

When I hit the level of low morale I got hit with 4 tokens which are split equally. So 2 each.

Per the rules, "Those tokens should be used as soon as possible, one in each round."

So at first I wasn't sure what they considered a 'round' (a day or a turn?). If a day, I would have to play one to lose a movement, then stay at one less movement until the next day and I could play the other. If a turn, then I could play one, move once, then on next turn do again. I decided it was a turn.

So I think you are right on the 1 marker: discard the marker on your next turn, your officer may move once.
I don't think 2 markers is correct. You can't discard both on one turn due to the "one in each round" part. So you have 1 movement for 2 turns.
I don't think 3 markers is possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Capt. Winters
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What if you play a 3 player game and you are about to receive these movement restriction markers? Does each player gets 1 marker each and you discard the last one? If not they the markers are not equally shared.

Fun game, I am learning it now. I was at Westerplatte 4 weeks ago and it made real sense to buy this game to understand more what the brave Polish soldiers went through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dirk stouten
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Laporbo wrote:
I don't think 2 markers is correct. You can't discard both on one turn due to the "one in each round" part. So you have 1 movement for 2 turns.
That's how I play it and how I understood it from the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls