Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I understand, yes, since the 7th card play is after the 6th round is done resolving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronaldy Halim
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, he can play it by buying the resource he needed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Auxiliary Axis
msg tools
If this is indeed true it makes some interesting situations.

1) Trashing the "final" pick to get 3 coins to use for trading to purchase said resource for the "extra" card.

2) Halikarnassus being able to "dig" for military with the "final" age pick yet Babylon B having *enough time* to somehow counterplay by getting military on the "extra" pick to one up it.

It just seems slightly odd since the information to be able to purchase should be open before making decisions. Otherwise you could conceivably be like "oh wait player on the left picked a resource!?" *change "extra" pick*

Your example seems better planned if the resource card you lack gets built by the player to your right since you're passing to the right.

I see this as a problem if you're building based on new sudden information from the player to your left building a resource card needed.

It's even more weird if it's double brick or a papyrus to build the age III wonder.

Hence I'm assuming most people played the last two picks as somewhat simultaneous, or just immediately after. Man this would definitely screw up timings even worse in expansions, haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronaldy Halim
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amoirsp wrote:
If this is indeed true it makes some interesting situations.

1) Trashing the "final" pick to get 3 coins to use for trading to purchase said resource for the "extra" card.

2) Halikarnassus being able to "dig" for military with the "final" age pick yet Babylon B having *enough time* to somehow counterplay by getting military on the "extra" pick to one up it.

It just seems slightly odd since the information to be able to purchase should be open before making decisions. Otherwise you could conceivably be like "oh wait player on the left picked a resource!?" *change "extra" pick*

Your example seems better planned if the resource card you lack gets built by the player to your right since you're passing to the right.

I see this as a problem if you're building based on new sudden information from the player to your left building a resource card needed.

It's even more weird if it's double brick or a papyrus to build the age III wonder.

Hence I'm assuming most people played the last two picks as somewhat simultaneous, or just immediately after. Man this would definitely screw up timings even worse in expansions, haha.

1) well it's the power of babylon b, the 7th card that they play counts "as if the babylon player gets another turn" although it is in fact still the same turn(turn 6th). So the babylon player can "planned" for the 7th card. Besides, every player can see that the babylon already build their 2nd stage of wonder and know that babylon can play the 7th card, if the neighbouring player decides to build the resource the babylon needed, they should already know that babylon can play the 7th card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls