Subject: spy, saboteur, malfunction, canon questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dawnmage
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
excample: spy is on card A. attacker swaps card A for B.
what happens to the spy token? does the defender get it back?, does it stays on the card?

what happens if in a later round the attacker switches back from B to A?
is it then affectid by my first spy token?

there are only 3 spy tokens, ifyou placed them all you cant use the action annymore? even if you want to place a token on a other card?

saboteur. if the defender gets rid of the saboteur tokens does the atacker get them back?

malfunction can be played on a seige weapon, in the first part of the rules the mantelet is considerd a siege weapon, later on thay clairify this. can you play malfunction on the mantelet?

the defender wants to build a canon on a tower. can he only do this if the tower is currently empty (no units or other tower upgrades)

what if later in the game the defender wants to build somthing else can he build over a canon and put a pole down instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chevee Dodd
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great questions!

Quote:
excample: spy is on card A. attacker swaps card A for B.
what happens to the spy token? does the defender get it back?, does it stays on the card?

what happens if in a later round the attacker switches back from B to A?
is it then affectid by my first spy token?
It goes back into the supply. The Defender is free to use that token later. It does not stay with the card.

Quote:
there are only 3 spy tokens, ifyou placed them all you cant use the action annymore? even if you want to place a token on a other card?
Correct. You are limited by the number of tokens.

Quote:
saboteur. if the defender gets rid of the saboteur tokens does the atacker get them back?
They are returned to the supply. The Invader may use them again by taking that action on a later Turn.

Quote:
malfunction can be played on a seige weapon, in the first part of the rules the mantelet is considerd a siege weapon, later on thay clairify this. can you play malfunction on the mantelet?
MALFUNCTION
Effect: This weapon may not fire during the next Assault
then discard this token.

Answer: Nope. Ballista, Catapult, or Trebuchet
Mantelet is a Siege Machine, but not a Barrage Weapon. Malfunction can only be played on Barrage Weapons.

Quote:
the defender wants to build a canon on a tower. can he only do this if the tower is currently empty (no units or other tower upgrades)[q]

CANNON
Cost: 3 Hourglasses
Location: The Cannon token is placed in any Tower that does not already have a Cannon, Pole, or Bay Window.

You can have units present.

[q]what if later in the game the defender wants to build somthing else can he build over a canon and put a pole down instead.
Nope. The Cannon would have to be destroyed first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Training field technicians at trade school level
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
Random_Person wrote:

Quote:
MALFUNCTION
then discard this token.

Mantelet is a Siege Machine, but not a Barrage Weapon. Malfunction can only be played on Barrage Weapons.
Hmm, that would mean there's a mistake on the Scout's Quarters tile, since it says "Place the Malfunction token on a siege machine."

I wrote before I didn't think you were right, Chevee, when you stated that none of the components are wrong, and the problems were only in the rulebook.

So now we have confusing terminology on the Workshop tile ("Ladder" which should have been "Platform") AND on the Scout's Quarters tile ("siege machine" which should have been "barrage weapon").

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chevee Dodd
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiet wrote:
Random_Person wrote:

Quote:
MALFUNCTION
then discard this token.

Hmm, that would mean there's a mistake on the Scout's Quarters tile, since it says "Place the Malfunction token on a siege machine."

I wrote before I didn't think you were right, Chevee, when you stated that none of the components are wrong, and the problems were only in the rulebook.

So now we have confusing terminology on the Workshop tile ("Ladder" which should have been "Platform") AND on the Scout's Quarters tile ("siege machine" which should have been "barrage weapon").
Sure, the tile didn't explicitly define which machines for brevity. I used the term barrage weapons in this post, but you'll notice that nowhere in the rules or the supplement regarding the Malfunction is that term used. It's very simply: Ballista, Catapult, or Trebuchet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Training field technicians at trade school level
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
Random_Person wrote:

Sure, the tile didn't explicitly define which machines for brevity. I used the term barrage weapons in this post, but you'll notice that nowhere in the rules or the supplement regarding the Malfunction is that term used. It's very simply: Ballista, Catapult, or Trebuchet.
I don't mean to offend you, Chevee, so please take this lightly, but it's commendable how you try to maintain there's no errors in the components themselves. No one will say you're not loyal to Portal

But "the tile didn't explicitly define which machines for brevity" ?
Come on. 'Barrage weapon' had to be shortened to 'siege machine'?
(Mind you 'barrage weapons' are defined perfectly on page 7 of the rules, so there's really no need to spell out Ballista, Catapult, or Trebuchet either)

I don't want to be a *** about this, so I'll stop bringing the subject up from now on. I guess my point is clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chevee Dodd
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiet wrote:
Random_Person wrote:

I don't mean to offend you, Chevee, so please take this lightly, but it's commendable how you try to maintain there's no errors in the components themselves. No one will say you're not loyal to Portal

But "the tile didn't explicitly define which machines for brevity" ?
Come on. 'Barrage weapon' had to be shortened to 'siege machine'?
(Mind you 'barrage weapons' are defined perfectly on page 7 of the rules, so there's really no need to spell out Ballista, Catapult, or Trebuchet either)
The tile didn't spell out barrage weapons because that limits our choices in expansions. It's the same reason the tile didn't spell out Ballista, Catapult, or Trebuchet. We want to make the components flexible and future proof. Sometimes, defining a term like this limits our options. Instead, the use is described in detail in the rulebook. This gives us the flexibility of redefining the piece in future expansion rulebooks.

This has nothing to do with loyalty... but rather you have an incomplete picture of what is to come. The wording on the tile is fine and the rulebook couldn't be clearer on the subject. It's a complete non-issue. You aren't being a jerk. I'm just trying to help you understand that this isn't some sort of shortcut by us to avoid embarrassment. It is a deliberate design decision and my use of "barrage weapon" in the previous response was a mistake of my own that only made the clarification less clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dawnmage
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thx for making it clear. i already thought so but these questions arent awsered by reading the rule book. im a experianced player and even read de rules a few times, i can get a feel for what is ment even if its not clearly stated in the rules. but as a tester of a few games myself i cant help but ask a few questions. ill post a few later on as wel about a tactic for the defender, ill do it in a other post.

by no meens am i beeing negative about this, its just somthing that I as a individual noticed, dont know about others tough.

thx again for the awnser.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls