Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True. The alternative would be to make it (grossly?) overpowered by adding a fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth colour to the deck, right?

I would say enjoy the flexibility of the dual colours in situations that benefit you, and maybe don't take PtA if you do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
Microbadge: Leaving Earth fanMicrobadge: Genetics enthusiastMicrobadge: Tokyo Series fanMicrobadge: Card Sleeve userMicrobadge: Oink Games fan
AceAceBaby wrote:
True. The alternative would be to make it (grossly?) overpowered by adding a fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth colour to the deck, right?

I would say enjoy the flexibility of the dual colours in situations that benefit you, and maybe don't take PtA if you do so.
Or just that the dual color card counts as either blue or red. I'd say if both colors havent been play, you call your shot and name it red or blue.

If you already have a blue card, it's red. If you have a red it's blue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Webb
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that card is the flip side for dual cards. Seems pretty clear that the cards count as both, so while death touch gets stronger, press the advantage gets weaker (if you buy dual cards).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
Microbadge: Leaving Earth fanMicrobadge: Genetics enthusiastMicrobadge: Tokyo Series fanMicrobadge: Card Sleeve userMicrobadge: Oink Games fan
Th334 wrote:
Although, mind you, dual roles make Press the Advantage a little stronger to begin with, so maybe it gonna be just fine.
How so?

You have one less color/type in each dual role deck, maxing out your possible Press Advantage play at 3 cards vs 4 cards with a base set role, before card buys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hornless Unicorn
msg tools
And another 100GG on this
badge
I just spent 100GG on this
mbmbmbmbmb
Th334 wrote:
Press the Advantage will most likely end when he draws a blue+red card.
Press the Advantage was already the most underpowered black market card out there cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Rey
msg tools

High Caliber Ops, Rulebook, p.2:
"Multicolor cards: The new multicolor cards have a card frame that shows two colors. A multicolor card has two types as listed and it counts as both types for card abilities and effects that look at type."

I agree that PtA may cause some problems now, but I wouldn't worry too much. First of all you need to buy it, then you have to get some multicolor cards and be sure that they are in your deck - not in your hand and/or discard pile, and then you have to have unlucky draw... wait, actually in this game it is VERY possible scenario. It is Shadowrun: Crossfire after all!
Dammit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thesleeper7 wrote:

Press the Advantage was already the most underpowered black market card out there cry
I would say "situational" as many cards can be. The last time I recall it being used, was by a group member who had made a point of diversifying card colours and it worked out great for us. This was in a four player game, and I could see it working well in a two player with the added incentive to diversify colours in that setup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls