Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Thomas
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well,
I had the order arranged and received the email from Pegasus.

After spending over 1 hour online with Transferwise and no luck...
I called my bank. They can do a wire transfer, but it will be $55 dollars and I am to make an appointment and block out at least one hour to complete the necessary paperwork in the bank.

Guess I wont be getting this one after all. Unless they find a US distributor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Snyder
United States
Oregon City
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it's unfortunate that TransferWise couldn't sort it out, perhaps they'll back off their 'no paypal/credit card' stance at some point after the dust settles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Terrana
United States
LaGrange
Georgia
flag msg tools
Tony, you are not alone. Waiting...waiting...waiting...for Pegasus Spiele to put something out regarding either an American distributor or pay via credit card/PayPal. From a business standpoint they may be selling all the games they need to per their current policy. Thanks to Flo for this great game and his efforts to get this to fruition/market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Heines
Germany
30 km from Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They usually only sell on the german speaking market, and wire transfer or so called "Lastschrift" is ways more common here. This might be their reason.

But there could be a way for this special case. A german user could order the game and give your address as destination and pay in advance, and you give him the money back via Paypal. Credit card might be a problem with private persons. I'm not sure, if this would work as well. Or maybe your FLGS would do this as customer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Con
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
The Las Vegas Board Game Convention
mbmb
That's so strange. I literally had no issues with Transferwise at all. A few clicks to set things up and I was done. I'd say about 10-15 minutes tops.

Scoutdad wrote:
Well,
I had the order arranged and received the email from Pegasus.

After spending over 1 hour online with Transferwise and no luck...
I called my bank. They can do a wire transfer, but it will be $55 dollars and I am to make an appointment and block out at least one hour to complete the necessary paperwork in the bank.

Guess I wont be getting this one after all. Unless they find a US distributor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Thomas
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Going to try it again tomorrow.
Turns out the issue was on my banks end.

After messing with TransferWise nad never getting through, I decided to see if it was possible to send a wire transfer through my banks online banking system... and I couldn't even log in. Their system is down!

Hopefuly tomorrow the system will be up and running and Transferwise will work, and all will be good with the world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Scoutdad wrote:
Going to try it again tomorrow.
Turns out the issue was on my banks end.

After messing with TransferWise nad never getting through, I decided to see if it was possible to send a wire transfer through my banks online banking system... and I couldn't even log in. Their system is down!

Hopefuly tomorrow the system will be up and running and Transferwise will work, and all will be good with the world.
I was able to use TransferWise this morning with no issues.

It's my first time using them - my bank's exchange rate was comparable, but I'd MUCH rather pay TransferWise $3 than pay $55 to my bank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Thomas
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found out why I was having difficulties with Transferwise.
It was all in the way my wife had set up our bank account. I know what changes to make - but I gave up on making those changes ad went to the bank today.

It cost me a bit more, but at least its done (as of 18 minutes ago).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls