Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there anywhere that fully explains the stretch goals? Having a hard time determining how they all work. For instance, what gameplay effect do Glow GOOs have?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Freitas
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the glow goo allow you to attempt to play with the lights off.

That's about it as far as i know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Glow GOOs - only bling or decoration
Collectibles - only decoration (of course)
Dice - All simply bling; the specific dice for use with the special abilities for their factions; the customs dice simply replace the normal dice
The Homebrew Faction - self-explanatory, of course...
The Tcho-Tcho - completely new faction, with all-new GOO (Ubbo-Sathla), monsters (Proto-Shoggoths) and special Priests and Cultists
The Coloured Gates - apart from bling or easier identification on Primordial Map, Sandy said he had an idea for special rules for these
The 4 new Indie Factions - material and rules for using the 4 base game factions as independents
The Individual High Priests - special rules for separate High Priests to choose from (I guess PnP, so far printed game material has not been mentioned; it should be another SG, soon, I guess)

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
Penny of king Sigtrygg II Silkbeard of Dublin
mbmbmbmbmb
Glow GOOs have a marginal gameplay value in that they make it possible to have two versions of a GOO on the board at the same time - one as faction GOO and the other as independent. I don't imagine that many people will want to do that, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad S.
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding the Glow in the Dark GOOs-

#1: Use for display rather than gameplay
#2: Use with the Independent GOO rules (also a stretch goal that has been unlocked) so you can summon a GOO of a team that isn't being played
#3: Same as #2 above, but use regardless if that team is being played or not
#4: Use with homebrew rules for a powered up GOO, similar to how Buffthulhu works
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the artificer
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Hellikin wrote:
Regarding the Glow in the Dark GOOs-

#1: Use for display rather than gameplay
#2: Use with the Independent GOO rules (also a stretch goal that has been unlocked) so you can summon a GOO of a team that isn't being played
#3: Same as #2 above, but use regardless if that team is being played or not
#4: Use with homebrew rules for a powered up GOO, similar to how Buffthulhu works
You forgot one:
#5 Glue to the hood of your car as the most baddass hood ornament EVER.
goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
#6 Use as Nightlights, to ensure horrible dreams
#7 Decorations for a Fishtank (Cthulhu especially recommended)
#8 Badass Glowthingies for the next Rave

...Buffthulhu?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Prince Albert
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
Glow GOOs - allows for use of a faction Goo as an independent in a game where the faction is present. Also homebrews.

Collectibles - House rule balance changes, homebrew factions.

Dice - All simply bling;just the thing for a premium game.

The Homebrew Faction - The basic building blocks of a faction, useful with collectables, gloos or figures from other games

The Tcho-Tcho - new faction, with unique cultist and high priest sculpts made possible buy stretch goals.

The Coloured Gates - Offical Colour Out of Space map variant rules, homebrews, bling.

Archives/Independent - Loyalty card and spell pack for each faction Goo to become an independant. Works with Standard Goos and Glow Goos!

Named High Priests - optional ingame player selectable rules to enhance high priests based off important characters to he mythos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel N
Colombia
MedellĂ­n
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Letters from Whitechapel fanMicrobadge: Pandemic fanMicrobadge: Cosmic Encounter fanMicrobadge: Kemet fanMicrobadge: Neuroshima Hex! fan
Dumon wrote:
Glow GOOs - only bling or decoration
Collectibles - only decoration (of course)
Dice - All simply bling; the specific dice for use with the special abilities for their factions; the customs dice simply replace the normal dice
The Homebrew Faction - self-explanatory, of course...
The Tcho-Tcho - completely new faction, with all-new GOO (Ubbo-Sathla), monsters (Proto-Shoggoths) and special Priests and Cultists
The Coloured Gates - apart from bling or easier identification on Primordial Map, Sandy said he had an idea for special rules for these
The 4 new Indie Factions - material and rules for using the 4 base game factions as independents
The Individual High Priests - special rules for separate High Priests to choose from (I guess PnP, so far printed game material has not been mentioned; it should be another SG, soon, I guess)

Hope that helps.
The 4 new Indie Factions - I thought rules were going to be made for all faction GOOs to be use as independent, on the PDF and master rule book at least, but it seems they recently changed it, which is not good.

Sandy, please make rules for all faction GOOs to be used as independent, it does not matter if we unlock the archives or not, at least make the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might have misunderstood, or I might have neglected to write it in a way it is understood more easily:
- AFAIK there will be rules or all factions, to use the GOOs independently
- only of the four factions of the base game the Indie material will be printed (so far)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Pacheco
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Just to be clear - the new Tcho Tcho Faction is simply an option you can choose to buy. You dont just get them as a stretch goal do you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ilpalazo wrote:
Just to be clear - the new Tcho Tcho Faction is simply an option you can choose to buy. You dont just get them as a stretch goal do you?
Indeed ! However if you're getting the Tcho Tcho faction expansion, it will have the new sculpts in it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
You might have misunderstood, or I might have neglected to write it in a way it is understood more easily:
- AFAIK there will be rules or all factions, to use the GOOs independently
- only of the four factions of the base game the Indie material will be printed (so far)
I'm pretty sure only rules for the unlocked ones are being developed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls