11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Works in Progress

Subject: The lay of the land... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dominic Menegon
msg tools
Hi everybody!

I've been working on a series of custom dice that I'll take to Kickstarter in the future. I've also been involved with a business accelerator and they've been steering me into focusing on who my potential customers are.

So.....I've put together a short survey and need your help.

If you could take a minute and fill it out the best you can, I'd really appreciate it.

https://dmenegon.typeform.com/to/jlb2XB

Thanks!
DOM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
why not just make the dice and sell them? why bother with kickstarter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Poon
msg tools
mbmb
Any chance on making the survey results public?

I filled out the survey but I may be an outlier. I have access to a 3D printer which I've made most of my own custom dice on it which have worked well in some games and I don't have much plans on purchasing any custom dice so long as the 3D printed dice work fine. I've had some issues where some players claimed that the dice were weighted because they were 3D printed but that was remedied by purchasing blank dice and adding custom images to those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Menegon
msg tools
With Kickstarter I'll know if people even like what I'm offering and the money will cover mold/manufacturing costs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Menegon
msg tools
I'd be happy to post the results. I've done the first series of 6 in Maya and have printed out a prototype to show. The final mold models will be printed as well...with some touch-ups. Check my gallery to see...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Menegon
msg tools
So one week in and I have 40 completed surveys. I'll post more info in a week or so but if you can fill it out (if you haven't) I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yashar Basseri
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dmenegon wrote:
So one week in and I have 40 completed surveys. I'll post more info in a week or so but if you can fill it out (if you haven't) I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

Just took it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Menegon
msg tools
Thanks! Much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Menegon
msg tools
Hi all! I've wrapped up the survey and have posted the answers and metrics to my twitter devblog: https://twitter.com/Legendordice . Thanks again for participating!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grace McDermott
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
>_>

Are the fans of your game going to call themselves Lengendorks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Menegon
msg tools
Hahahahha...you're not the first person to say that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.