Jeremy Meyer
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the Upcoming page on Fantasy Flight's website, the Land in Shadow is Shipping Now! Looks like some of us who didn't go to GenCon may have it by next week.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
Microbadge: Marvel Champions fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Legion fanMicrobadge: Star Wars fan - Join the Resistance!Microbadge: Card playerMicrobadge: Twitter user
FINALLY!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serhiy Saf
Ukraine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Land of Shadow should have been released in the third quarter of 2015, due to FFG advertisement. Im happy its shipping at last.
Why does it took so long, anybody knows? Were there any troubles in production or FFG just too busy re-realising other products, like Game of Thrones, Runebound & Dracula?..
Some LCG are closed, I cant say Im worry about the LotR LCG, but...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
banana
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is certainly an intentionnal delay, meant to emphasize the fact that GenCon Land of Shadow release was a real swag, for those who went there.

It wouldn't be so swaggy if everyone got the expansion 3 days after GenCon, so I guess they just waited 3 months on purpose.

This is fair enough.

Now we'll have it, so I don't care!
Rangers of Ithilien YAY!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
banania wrote:
It is certainly an intentionnal delay, meant to emphasize the fact that GenCon Land of Shadow release was a real swag, for those who went there.

It wouldn't be so swaggy if everyone got the expansion 3 days after GenCon, so I guess they just waited 3 months on purpose.
This is an extremely unlikely explanation. Several other LCG expansions had an early release at GenCon, and their full releases have been spread out over about a 2-month period. If they were intentionally holding back, why wouldn't they have released them all at the same time.

Also, the Game of Thrones 2nd edition core set was one of those expansions. There was no incentive for FFG to intentionally delay its full release, after building up a lot of excitement and hype and having lots of people ready to throw their wallets at it.

Serhiious wrote:
The Land of Shadow should have been released in the third quarter of 2015, due to FFG advertisement. Im happy its shipping at last.
Why does it took so long, anybody knows? Were there any troubles in production or FFG just too busy re-realising other products, like Game of Thrones, Runebound & Dracula?..
Some LCG are closed, I cant say Im worry about the LotR LCG, but...
There were a lot of releases around the same time. My guess is there was just a backlog getting them all printed. I wouldn't read anything significant into the fact that LotR was one of the last to come out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls