C.K. Au
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since LPS is heading for St Thomas as its destination, and St Thomas is usually the 1st hex laid by GW as it heads westward towards its destination city of Detroit, it seems it's relatively easy for GW to block LPS from reaching its destination....

As least until the green tiles are in play, in which LPS can then replace the tracks to allow it to reach St Thomas.

I'm assuming both LPS and GW start operating in the same round.

Or did we miss something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Nope. The typical early critical negotiations are between the player who constrols LPS and the player who controls GW as to whether they'll be friendly to each other with their track building or not. Usually the deciding factor is what mix of trains each has and how fast the train rush is (starting) to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pargman
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Yes you are right, but this is really a non-issue since LPS will probably be the first company who reaches its destination. And if GW is started it will just make it easier for LPS. I've never played a game where a company reaches its destination before the green tiles are in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin Whittey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It should certainly be POSSIBLE for GW to block LPS from reaching it's destination until tile upgrades are available, but I've never seen it actually happen. It's in the interest of these companies to work together to have better routes for both of them. In the group I play with, it's a fairly common strategy for one player to own both companies to ensure mutually beneficial cooperation.

I think it's actually much easier to mess with WR's ability to reach it's destination. That narrow neck of land in the Southeast can be a real bottleneck, and one mean-spirited play on Hamilton can make WR have to wait for brown tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.