United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rule book "There is no limit to the number of Quests you can
commit to during each Age, and you may commit to two
Quests of the same type (each giving its reward independently).
You may inspect your own Quests at any time" So I had a quest that said if I had the most STR in one of the grey provinces I would win that quest. If I had played 2 of the exact same quest can I use both for the one grey area I had the most STR." We felt that it was way too powerful to be able to do that so we did not allow that, but should we be have been able to do so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Andersson
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
Uuurrh! I let him in, uuuhh, was that not cool? Arrrarrh...
mbmbmb
yes, you can complete both with one region (or whatever the criteria is).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
Yes you can get both of those quests and earn the rewards independently, even if you only have once province where you have the most STR. In rare circumstances you can even get three of the same quests, and in even rarer cases 4 of the same quest and still get all of the rewards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean lukie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krushhhhh wrote:
Yes you can get both of those quests and earn the rewards independently, even if you only have once province where you have the most STR. In rare circumstances you can even get three of the same quests, and in even rarer cases 4 of the same quest and still get all of the rewards.
I was curious as to the rare cases this would happen since you are limited to 2 of the same quest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
ellindar wrote:
Krushhhhh wrote:
I was curious as to the rare cases this would happen since you are limited to 2 of the same quest?
Card References

In the base game with 4 players there are two of the same quests in each age. Since you can keep a card from the previous age, you can keep a quest from age 1 or 2 and then draft the two quests in the next age for 3 of the same type.

In a 5 player game there are 3 Glorious Death quests, so you can draft all three and hold one from a previous age for four of the same quests. But like I said, this would be a very rare occurrence and should not be relied on as a strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
Playing more games is better!
badge
Collecting games is not playing games!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been lucky in my two plays to get I think Odin's Throne (the one that doubles GP for quests) and two glorious death quests in the last era. No one complained but I explained to the players that sometime you need to draft something to keep someone else from getting it instead of taking a card you want more. They are new to the game and gaming in general but I bet I do not get them next time we play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean lukie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krushhhhh wrote:
ellindar wrote:
Krushhhhh wrote:
Card References

In the base game with 4 players there are two of the same quests in each age. Since you can keep a card from the previous age, you can keep a quest from age 1 or 2 and then draft the two quests in the next age for 3 of the same type.

In a 5 player game there are 3 Glorious Death quests, so you can draft all three and hold one from a previous age for four of the same quests. But like I said, this would be a very rare occurrence and should not be relied on as a strategy.
Actually, I see the issue. There's a whole thread dedicated to it. lol. Our group follows the literal interpretation of the quest rule of, you may play TWO of the same quest. (we are on the side of if they meant you can play as many as you want they would have used multiple instead of two or that they could have eliminated that part altogether and just said no limit at all on quests.) Seems there's no official ruling on that yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls