Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian McCarty
United States
La Crescent
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm totally cool with each player having a special power.
What I am less cool with is having that power tied to a color.

Some people always play red - what if the red player wants the green player power?

I suggest having the starting power be a different tile (maybe a small rectangular tile) than the start tile. People could even choose them in reverse player order.

Just a suggestion

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Are there already plans for player powers? I'm looking at the campaign and rulebook and I'm not finding any. I didn't watch all the videos yet, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nygaard
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each starting quarters is double sided sided. One side is the standard starting "package" of 3 coins and an astronaut. The reverse is an alternate starting package, like 2 astronauts, and astronaut and 2 resources of your choice, or an astronaut coin and rocket.

They aren't persistent abilities that effect the course of the game, just alternate starting loadouts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hopelesst wrote:
They aren't persistent abilities that effect the course of the game, just alternate starting loadouts.
Sounds like you could swap the starting loadouts around however you wanted, then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
August Larson
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: I play with Yellow!Microbadge: Agricola fanMicrobadge: Latter-day SaintMicrobadge: I Adventure with JakeMicrobadge: A Feast for Odin fan
Hopelesst wrote:
Each starting quarters is double sided sided. One side is the standard starting "package" of 3 coins and an astronaut. The reverse is an alternate starting package, like 2 astronauts, and astronaut and 2 resources of your choice, or an astronaut coin and rocket.

I had the exact same question/concern as OP, so thanks for answering this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls