Subject: multiple uses of weapon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found this thread which seems to state that Crow can use his dagger an infinite number of times.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/19759314#19759314

Although not explicitly supported by Blazej I do see that he thumbed the last response.

However, with Short Blade Mastery, this means Crow can mow through all enemies with physical armor 1.... Or in the "Bloodthirsty Pack" Encounter, the whole thing.

Seems like its not quite right...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In fact, if this is right, I am ready to declare Crow a bit broken.

In playing Into the Wilds (Retail, no Kickstarter) with Crow and Fengray, as my first encounter, I draw Bloodthirsty pack. 5 Green Beasts.... now as far as I can tell, in the retail version, all Green Beasts have a physical defense of 1.

My initial though is "OK, how to get 2 more resolve, to buy Crow "Short Blade Mastery" I let Fengray go first. He kills one with the discard action of his war sword, and discarding a toughness card. 1 resolve earned. He uses 2 Challenges to draw all of Crow's enemies to him.

Crow's turn, he has a backstab and another dagger, the rest of his hand is moot.

He puts the dagger into his Hero area, Backstabs an enemy in Fengray's area, earning the 3rd resolve (remember you start with 1) allowing him to purchase and place Short Blade Mastery... mows all other enemies down with the fast action of his other dagger. Advancing focus is irrelevant as you will complete the encounter, and pay attention to killing raging enemies first...

I used Utility Belt to put Backstab back on top, drew up my hand, and put the Utility Belt on top.

Encounter 2. Sacrifice of Blood. 4 Enemies, 2 of them have defense 2, and 2 have defense 1... (wolves or hounds or what not) Fengray kills 1, as he is capable of every turn, Crow autokills the 2 enemies with defense 1 which are in front of him, and then backstabs the last enemy in front of Fengray.

I have blown through two encounters without using any additional resolve. Crow has now killed 7 enemies to Fengray's 2 (the warrior).

The final encounter has NO reinforcement phase. So all the 1 defense enemies are irrelevant regardless of increased focus.

Crow makes this a breeze.

Did I do anything wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The final encounter was even more comical.

6 Enemies plus Ghardhark (sp?). 4 of them have Defense 1. Luckily perhaps, They are lined up such that Fengray gets a 2 with defense 2 and 1 with defense 1, Crow gets two with defense 1, and one with defense 1 stays in the line with the boss.

Crow goes first... killing his two, Fengray's 1, and the 1 in the Quest area, leaving the Boss open for a nice boosted Backstab. His focus goes up quite a bit, but remember ... the reinforcements box is empty, so I move it to zero BEFORE checking the value...

As long as Fengray doesn't kill both his enemies, Ghardark won't enrage. Ghardhark engages Crow his next turn... I have SOOOO much resolve in the pool, that it is easy to take him out multiple ways.

I spent 3 resolve on turn 1... and none until the last turn with Ghardhark in front of Crow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Martin
United States
Lacey
WA
flag msg tools
Check out my Hollenguard book series on Amazon!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this is all legal with Crow.

I wouldn't worry too much if all you've played is Into the Wilds. Carry him forward through a few more quests and I don't think you'll find him terribly out of balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fnar wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much if all you've played is Into the Wilds. Carry him forward through a few more quests and I don't think you'll find him terribly out of balance.
Good. As I let the events of the game stew a bit afterwards, I imagined that this was indeed the case.

But what if he finds a way to get a second permanent +1. Maybe a pendant or something (I'm thinking expansion)...

The rule is such that they will need to be very careful about what gets added to this game.

I think the easier fix, is to make it such that each fast action needs to come from a new source. But then again, I am not wholly experienced with the game yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls