Pirates of the 7 Seas» Forums » Rules

Subject: Selling goods rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Heike Pohl
msg tools
mbmb
Hi,
I dont understand the third ritual for selling goods. Normally I get only 3points/Money per item when I have 3 same items. Can i chance one other item to another to get three same or what is the purpose?

Heike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleksandr Nevskiy
Ukraine
Khmelnitsky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No. This ritual means that you can sell two different cards (two different goods) with the price as if you sell them in a full set. For example, you have a current port with such prices 1 for bananas, 2 for rum, and 3 for coffee. So, if you spend 3 Yin-Yong tokens and sell 1 rum and 1 coffee, you will get 2 chests of gold for rum and 3 chests of gold for coffee. So, in total you will get 5 chests of gold. But remember that this is only the ritual, and you have to perform an action. If you won’t perform any action, you will get a Black Spot.

Regards,
IGames
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you choose to sell just one with the Ritual?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleksandr Nevskiy
Ukraine
Khmelnitsky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can not choose to sell only one Goods Card with this Ritual. You have to have two different Goods Cards to be able to do Ritual "Bargain".

Regards,
IGames
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo
Germany
Pyrbaum
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the port says 3 for rum and i sell 5 rum, do i get 15 (5x3) or 11 (3x3 + 2x1)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Depew
United States
Edwardsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
floppi wrote:
If the port says 3 for rum and i sell 5 rum, do i get 15 (5x3) or 11 (3x3 + 2x1)?
"..if the good is in demand, and you sell 3 or more of it.."

so you should get 15

one thing that does bother me, is that while I'm fairly sure I know what 'In Demand" means (the good has a value more than 1) it's a term that is not defined anywhere in the rules, so far as I can tell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleksandr Nevskiy
Ukraine
Khmelnitsky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
floppi wrote:
You will get 15 chests of gold. Because moar gold is always better!

Regards,
IGames

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleksandr Nevskiy
Ukraine
Khmelnitsky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
llyrghmnghyll wrote:

so you should get 15

one thing that does bother me, is that while I'm fairly sure I know what 'In Demand" means (the good has a value more than 1) it's a term that is not defined anywhere in the rules, so far as I can tell.
Yes, you are right! It will be 15 chests of gold.

Goods in demand are those which cost 2 or 3 chests of gold. Sorry for not so clear explanation.

Regards,
IGames

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Depew
United States
Edwardsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alexnev wrote:
llyrghmnghyll wrote:

so you should get 15

Yes, you are right! It will be 15 chests of gold.

Goods in demand are those which cost 2 or 3 chests of gold. Sorry for not so clear explanation.

Regards,
IGames

Don't feel bad, I know how hard it is to write good rules, compared to how easy it is to nitpick. It's something that can be fixed in the 2nd edition. I love the game nonetheless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls