RoboRally» Forums » General

Subject: Would like to see a big box edition. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Since everything is now owned by Hasbro/WOTC I would like to see a proper big box come out for this game. It seems that the expansion availability has been very sparse so it seems like a good time to put out a new and improved big box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's not that much demand for the expansion and so they should introduce a new product that combines the base game with the expansion? How would that make sense for them? The fundamental problem is that demand for this game is at a marginal level as far as what makes economic sense for WOTC. Unless demand can somehow be increased I think that will continue to be true. A new big box that will be even more of a niche product than what they have now, is unlikely to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Honestly.......I think the box is plenty big enough already.

However, I would like to see the expansions reprinted and perhaps sold as a single unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd buy it!
and all the expansions again!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the AH edition (the box is big enough), but I would like to see at least one expansion for the AH edition that fits inside the big box.

By taking the best of the older expansions, they could make one good one for the AH edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sten
United States
New York
flag msg tools
ch82 wrote:
Since everything is now owned by Hasbro/WOTC I would like to see a proper big box come out for this game. It seems that the expansion availability has been very sparse so it seems like a good time to put out a new and improved big box.
More than a big box, we need to find a way to incept the idea of a Robo Rally Reboot (R3) into Richard Garfield's mind whistle

... because for sure he would not think of such an idea on his own: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1244425/would-you-be-interes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rygel wrote:
Honestly.......I think the box is plenty big enough already.

However, I would like to see the expansions reprinted and perhaps sold as a single unit.
I agree with that. I am, however, only an occasional and infrequent Roborally player, so for me the eight boards or so are enough for the 30-ish plays of a lifetime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls