Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred Buchholz
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I see in the sequence of play you can't use this to get Gandalf for Questing:
Step one is commit characters to quest , next come player actions. There is no player actions step before committing characters to the quest that I can tell, so Gandalf would not be in play at that point to commit to the quest.
Am I missing something here?
I've done this a couple of time and Just last night I noticed I don't have a player action before the commit step of the phase.
Anyone else know something I don't?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Mills
United States
Manchaca
TX
flag msg tools
Your Evil Is My Good
badge
I am Sutekh the Destroyer. Where I tread I leave nothing but dust and darkness...I find that good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Players can take actions in any of the "green" steps of the turn sequence...https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/837516/sneak-attack-gandalf...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
gleepglop1 wrote:
Players can take actions in any of the "green" steps of the turn sequence...https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/837516/sneak-attack-gandalf...
Yeah, those portions are better imagined as Action Barn Doors than Action Windows. Actions and the specific phase related activity can interweave at will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
black spark
msg tools
You may use event cards such as Sneak Attack at the beginning of the Commit Characters step of the quest phase, before committing characters to the quest.

"Phase 3: Quest Page 14
"The final sentence of the first paragraph in this section should read: "Players have the opportunity to take actions and play event cards at the beginning and ending of each step." -LotR FAQ page 2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anatole
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can even play it after revealing all the cards from the encounter deck if you don't have enough will power to succeed at the quest. There is an action window then, after all the cards are revealed and added to the staging area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Fleet
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Surely that action window would allow you to play sneak attack and get Gandalf in to play, but wouldn't allow him to commit to the active quest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Franklin
United Kingdom
Braintree
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Riki39561 wrote:
Surely that action window would allow you to play sneak attack and get Gandalf in to play, but wouldn't allow him to commit to the active quest?
Correct. You can use the action window after the cards are revealed to enhance the questers you already have, e.g. by exhausting Faramir to use his ability, or discarding cards to Protector of Lorien. You can't commit additional characters to the quest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anatole
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, you are correct. That's what I was thinking of. Nenya and Galadriel as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Riki39561 wrote:
Late Adventurer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samanar
Poland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Weltenreiter wrote:
Riki39561 wrote:
Late Adventurer!
But a wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives quests, precisely when he means to. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls