Popular Tags: [View All]
Tripp Ritter
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this simultaneous? Are people deciding secretly and then buying or is it done in the same poker style where people can meet the bid?

Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
United Kingdom
Driffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: ASL fanMicrobadge: Birds of Prey: Air Combat in the Jet Age fanMicrobadge: The 7th Continent fanMicrobadge: Outlaws: Adventures in the Old WestMicrobadge: Magic Realm redesign fan
We always decide secretly and record on ship cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Mahjong fanMicrobadge: Hanabi fanMicrobadge: Go playerMicrobadge: Pax Renaissance fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fan
In the rules, it's a "me too" system. Either player can call for acceleration, and in response, the other player can also accelerate. Once you make a claim, you cannot take it back. "Me too" is used for acceleration, emergency deceleration, defensive fire, offensive fire, launch, and probably a few other things. The only secret decisions that I know of are: a) energy allocation, and b) simultaneous movement when both ships move in the same sub-pulse, have the same baseline speed and turn mode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Thomas
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim is correct... with a caveat.

You can claim no acceleration.. no deceleration.. no weapons fire... no drone launch... etc.
And if your opponent also declines the action - that's it. You move on to the next step.

If you declare no acceleration and you opponent however; chooses to accelerate... you can 'me too' it and choose to accelerate after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I think witches are sexy *blush*
ekted wrote:
The only secret decisions that I know of are: a) energy allocation, and b) simultaneous movement when both ships move in the same sub-pulse, have the same baseline speed and turn mode.
You've glossed over the middle steps in the tie breaker. Slower baseline speed ships move before faster baseline speed ships but for two ships of the same baseline speed slowness is further determined by the net acceleration/deceleration of the ships before appealing to turn mode.

For another thing that should be secsimdec, but isn't noted as such in the rules, I've made this thread: IPG / ADD / ISC rear plasma: Secret simultaneous decision required

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls