Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Heil
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do I need the thicker faction punch board add-on? I was a DVM backer and I thought we were getting new faction punch board cards, but I'm confused now.

Are those still coming with the first Kickstarter at the DVM level? Do I need to purchase the $10 dollar add-on? Is that the only way to get a thicker Tcho-Tcho sheet or will that come with the Tcho-Tcho faction?

Help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle M
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
This is from the comments on Kickstarter.

Creator Sandy Petersen 35 minutes ago
The thick punchboard cards are a separate add-on that you need to pay for.
Sandy

about 1 hour ago
To be super clear, the "Thick Punchboard Faction Cards" are NOT included within "Upgraded cardstock and errata" are they?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DVM from the original campaign are still getting their Faction Punch Board Cards, and those include the Errata for Black Goat and Great Cthulhu.

However, it is possible that additional balance changes will be made between now and when the new set of Punch Board Cards for Second Onslaught, and so you might still want to purchase that add-on. For instance, it has been hinted at that Windwalker may be errata'd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
You are getting the updated thick punchboards for all of the factions except the Tcho-Tchos if you are a DVM backer.

And you'll get the Tcho-Tcho's punchboard if you get their faction in Onslaught Two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdamStarks wrote:

However, it is possible that additional balance changes will be made between now and when the new set of Punch Board Cards for Second Onslaught, and so you might still want to purchase that add-on. For instance, it has been hinted at that Windwalker may be errata'd.
Can this be confirmed? I am a DVM backer but if these are going to be produced after the DVM boards, and thus may include future errata, then I may have to include them in my order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bholmes4 wrote:
AdamStarks wrote:

Can this be confirmed? I am a DVM backer but if these are going to be produced after the DVM boards, and thus may include future errata, then I may have to include them in my order.
Me too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In memory of Tara, my beloved Wolfhound-Deerhound cross. Flew away Feb 2016, still missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
bholmes4 wrote:
AdamStarks wrote:

Well, the DVM ones are already on their way, so the ones for the new kickstarter are going to be produced after them.

However, the idea that they'll include new errata seems pure speculation until we actually see some new errata.

Cheers,
Graham

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnson
msg tools
therealbuserian wrote:
bholmes4 wrote:
AdamStarks wrote:

Well, the DVM ones are already on their way, so the ones for the new kickstarter are going to be produced after them.

However, the idea that they'll include new errata seems pure speculation until we actually see some new errata.

Cheers,
Graham
It's been confirmed that Windwalker and Opener will be getting additional errata, and that the OS2 batch of cardboard faction cards will have all present errata represented when they ship. So no, it's not speculation at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea what the changes are? Opener had something to do with neutral GOOs, right? And windwalker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Murthwaite
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasn't it also confirmed that those changes are on the DVM cards anyway?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anzati wrote:
No, theese changes are very recent.
(But also minor)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Prince Albert
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
Nors wrote:
Anzati wrote:
(But also minor)
So DVM should get the diecuts to have the most upto date versions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is another thread about the actual changes

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1471708/there-compilatio...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In memory of Tara, my beloved Wolfhound-Deerhound cross. Flew away Feb 2016, still missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
ZaxxonValdez wrote:
Nors wrote:
Anzati wrote:
(But also minor)
So DVM should get the diecuts to have the most upto date versions.
Not clear (at least to me). The last I saw from Sandy said that these are identical to the ones DVM backers are already getting. An official clarification is needed. at the moment, this is all rather speculative.

Cheers, Graham

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Murthwaite
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure it was stated in the unboxing video that all the changes for the expansion cards were also included...at about the 2:20 mark the inclusion of balance changes is mentioned.

http://youtu.be/Soh4aWzJtfk

It's also been mentioned several times in the KS comments that those who backed the previous campaign do not need that add-on set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anzati wrote:
I'm sure it was stated in the unboxing video that all the changes for the expansion cards were also included...at about the 2:20 mark the inclusion of balance changes is mentioned.

http://youtu.be/Soh4aWzJtfk

It's also been mentioned several times in the KS comments that those who backed the previous campaign do not need that add-on set.
This is not quite true. Only the Black Goat and Great Cthulhu changes made it into the 2nd Wave from the first Kickstarter. The Opener and Windwalker changes were made after that production run, however, and so if people want those, they will need to get this addon for OS2. However, as of right now, the changes are fairly simple (abilities that get more powerful the more enemy GOOs there are now require them to be Faction GOOs, whereas previously they included Neutral and Indie GOOs), so those updated faction sheets aren't a big deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Prince Albert
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
So for only $10 you should get the diecuts to have the most upto date versions of you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stupid question: The upgraded punchboards are only for DVM, not CdG, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they are for every original backer who got a copy of CW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So to clarify, the original upgraded punch boards that are en rout have the green and red faction eratta correct?
I.e cthulhus extra elder sign and black goats dark young boost and location with cultists change.

But the white and purple only faction GOO eratta would not be on them and wed have to buy the upgraded ones in this campaign to get it plus any new eratta that may occur over these coming months.

Is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is the way I understand it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotcha. Then to be safe I'll pay the extra $10 and get the new boards. Minor eratta or not, I do not want a new player to build their strategy around neutral goos and hibernate for example.

Plus if some major new eratta comes along I want to know I will get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ぶる ぶるっ
msg tools
Night fell and the hours dragged on, but still we murmured to each other of the King and the Pallid Mask, and midnight sounded from the misty spires in the fog-wrapped city.
badge
We spoke of Hastur and of Cassilda, while outside the fog rolled against the blank window-panes as the cloud waves roll and break on the shores of Hali.
mbmbmbmbmb
If we get the faction expansions as a part of OS2, will the non-punchboard faction sheets that come with them be errata'd?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zain Hamzah
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Perseketuan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh I just wish Sandy or Arthur would clarify this already. We've been asking for days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought they did, but there are so many threads about this now, I don't remember where I read it. I think it was in Ask Sandy 7, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |