Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » General

Subject: 2P - suggestions/advice for character picks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Can't get 2 of my friends plus my gf to attend regular sessions so have decided to play a 2P season with my gf.

Normally when we play 2P Vanilla Pandemic we use 2 Roles and choose. I was wondering about hiw best to approach PL. I gather its a narrative-y game, and I'd hate to just leave characters out of the season, so was thinking maybe to choose randomly every month? That way all characters would have a chance of apoearing.

We're not worried about min-maxing, I expect that even a season where we lost every game would still be an interesting experience.

Anothet option would be to have 2 characters each, I guess.

Can some vets give me their opinion on the random character method?

Eco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hammack
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only completed playing through April. I am only playing with my wife.

For our games, she has chosen to remain the medic. It is her favorite character. She says she will change that character unless we lose two games in a row.

I on the other hand will change my character dictated by objectives.

She has zero interest playing with two characters, and no matter which character I play I feel attached to that character. The name helps and well a spoiler does as well.

I know of another couple that are playing Legacy as well. They are at the end of summer. These friends mostly switch characters in between game, but eventually settled on a certain combo. They didn't tell what this combo was because of spoilers, but they said the medic was not involved.

I hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it does, cheers

I see there's another thread about 2P games. My bad for rushing to post without checking!

I think we'll see how it goes I gather there's some sort of soap-opera style relationship thing in the game so maybe it'll organically develop lol.

Eco
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Strong-Morse
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would also note that the rules let you pick characters based on the individual month set-up--not just the mission briefing, but also what the initial distribution of disease on the board and cards in hand is. If you don't use that to try to gain an advantage, you're making the game significantly harder. (That's not to say you're doing it wrong--you should just realize that the game is not balanced around e.g. random selection or fixed selection.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls